ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Infinity Install pictures

Bumder With A Buffer
Can anyone on here who has BT Infinity take some pictures of the install if possible?? IE Faceplate, modems etc

Thank you please

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If rob doesn't get home before me I will. The faceplate is the same, it's just different wires coming from inside that if you want those pictures.

Then you have a homehub and a white box modem.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yep pictures of everything please would be great :)

Edit oh especially pictures of the back of the units showing connections etc if possible...The ones I can find online aren't very good.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
Totally different.

FTTC is fibre to cab and normal pair to your house.

FTTH is Fibre all the way to your house with an ONT (Optical Network Termination) which the box for is totally different (has an optical connector on it)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure pal. Can't remember, all I do remember is having to drill through my porch for the engineer to run a cable back through. He could have been patching the test socket through to the office though rather than running the cable line.

Pretty sure though that it is FTTC. I don't usually venture into the office though so not 100%

Something Not French
Heres a tip, as soon as the 'engineer' leaves your house, put the Home Hub 3 straight in the bin.

Its utter garbage and plays Russian Roulette with your connected devices. I'm using an Airport Extreme and have had no problems whatsoever.

That said, I've had no issues with the Modem or the Infinity service itself. Little pricey though IMO.

Now Sold :-(
Heres a tip, as soon as the 'engineer' leaves your house, put the Home Hub 3 straight in the bin.

Its utter garbage and plays Russian Roulette with your connected devices. I'm using an Airport Extreme and have had no problems whatsoever.

That said, I've had no issues with the Modem or the Infinity service itself. Little pricey though IMO.

Interesting. I'm having Infinity installed next week and my plan was to junk the Home Hub and connect straight to my Time Machine. I assume it will work exactly the same.
Agree on price but unfortunately I have no other option unless I keep my current 1MB (on a good day) broadband connection.

mines getting installed in a few weeks time and i'll be going straight onto a Cisco 887 , current adsl2+ 800 series cisco has been on for the last 3 years and has had zero downtime on the router or wireless , or current adsl is with Be and i'd have my fibre with them if they were planning it before 2013 , will go infinity till Be sort fibre

Clio 172
I don't understand why there doing FTTP, (never seen the internal cabling) but as your standard average joe won't understand about fibre optics, how fragile it is etc, can see a lot of faults arising tbh. FTTC would be fine for most people anyway, unless your far from a cab. IIRC you can't choose FTTP/FTTC anyway