ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Infinity

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
This has just been enabled in my area today and im considering switching from my crappy 3 meg connection to this.

Ive done a check through the BT site and its saying:

Your broadband speed

We estimate your maximum download connection speed will be 27.7 Mbps*

The actual speed will typically be between 2M Mbps and 6M Mbps

We estimate your maximum upload connection speed will be 6 Mbps*

Does this mean im still only going to get max 6Mbps or 27.7Mbps :S

Also as anyone switched to infinity and have you had problems with the service at all?

Thanks

chumpmobile
i switched a while back. it says upto 40meg but i only get 15meg at max.

i would say 6meg would be what you will get.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
we switched a while ago, it crashed roughly every half a hour and download speeds were worse than dial up... although recently it has been tonnes better so maybe it was just teething problems.

I was planning on upgrading to this when its available but I might hold back :s

Also torrents are useless nowadays. Other options are much better and aren't restricted but generally cost a few euros/dollars a month. Well worth it if you do want to download large files.....

We're still waiting, scheduled for Dec 31st, then pushed back to March 31st, now currently June 30th! They've been working away laying pipe and sitting in front of the green boxes since November, no idea why it's taking so long.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It's awful if you like torrents. AWFUL.

Can only DL past 11pm.

This!

But i've stopped using them now.

BT infinity is the best value way to get fast BB if your not in a cable area, other ISP's offer FTTC but charge a lot more for the 300GB limit BT offer, or did when I was shopping for it last October.

I was estimated 17Mbps down and 5Mbps up, I get between 30-37Mbps down depending on time and 7Mbps up all the time.

Its brilliant, actually the best thing I've ever bought. I've never had a reliable connection above 1Mbps until I got this.

197 FF Glacier White
This has just been enabled in my area today and im considering switching from my crappy 3 meg connection to this.

Ive done a check through the BT site and its saying:

Your broadband speed

We estimate your maximum download connection speed will be 27.7 Mbps*

The actual speed will typically be between 2M Mbps and 6M Mbps

We estimate your maximum upload connection speed will be 6 Mbps*

Does this mean im still only going to get max 6Mbps or 27.7Mbps :S

Also as anyone switched to infinity and have you had problems with the service at all?

Thanks

Such a terrible predicament! I can only DREAM of crappy 3 Meg!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
We're still waiting, scheduled for Dec 31st, then pushed back to March 31st, now currently June 30th! They've been working away laying pipe and sitting in front of the green boxes since November, no idea why it's taking so long.

Fibre is a pain in the arse compared to copper, and BT Openreach engineers are lazy motherfuckers

Will the number of households taking it up in a specific area reduce the overall speed for everyone? We live on the edge of a big cabled town, but they oddly never cabled our new 'village' when it was built (1200 mostly 'executive' homes), so I imagine the take up is going to be huge here. As we are on the edge of town the fastest speed currently available is barely 1MB...they estimate Infinity will give us 25mb/5mb, which seems extremely ambitious.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
This!

But i've stopped using them now.

BT infinity is the best value way to get fast BB if your not in a cable area, other ISP's offer FTTC but charge a lot more for the 300GB limit BT offer, or did when I was shopping for it last October.

I was estimated 17Mbps down and 5Mbps up, I get between 30-37Mbps down depending on time and 7Mbps up all the time.

Its brilliant, actually the best thing I've ever bought. I've never had a reliable connection above 1Mbps until I got this.

We were the first people to have it in our area and were quoted/received similar speeds. Got a lot more than they thought we would and I am very happy with the service!