ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Business Hub - Officially the worst router ever.

2014 Focus Titanium
Ever since we had BT business broadband installed at our business 2 years ago I have never been happy with the performance. Download speeds have been fine, usually around 300-400k/s at any time through the day but loading up web pages has been a nightmare since day dot.

Pages timing out constantly, if you try to open up more than one tab at a time it would take at least a couple of refreshes on each page. If I was downloading I couldn't open any web pages. I have spent numorous hours on BT's broadband support helpline, inputting different DNS settings etc. I even resorted to last month switching the broadband to our 2nd telephone line to see if that helped. No change at all, I have been tearing my hair out!

Finally today I thought I would bring one of my spare routers from home (a crappy thompson one) to give it a try and I have just installed it. Bam! Perfect at loading up webpages, downloading and surfing the net absolutely fine!

I can't believe how bad the BT Business Hub must be at actually routing traffic. Safe to say it will be a paper weight from now on!

The homehub isn't much better, mine decided to stop it's wireless working for 3 days this week for no apparent reason.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
The homehub isn't much better, mine decided to stop it's wireless working for 3 days this week for no apparent reason.

Feirny my wireless has also stopped working on my homehub this week. I also have to keep turning it off and on every few hours as all the lights go off and looses connection.

2014 Focus Titanium
One other thing I forgot to mention which did my tree in. When transferring files over LAN between 2 computers it killed the internet connection for every completely.

How s**t is that?

2014 Focus Titanium
It's an idea dk but to be honest I'm not fussed, I have 3 spare routers which I have gathered over the years so another one will just grow dust!

Revels Mum & Sister
Just sounds like a faulty Router in all honesty. I have previously installed a lot of these and not had any real problems.

2014 Focus Titanium
You know what Rasclart? I've had a an idea and I think it might be because our lines have pretty poor attenuation and LNR, I have experienced routers in the past that dont perform well in these situation.

Either that or as you said possibly faulty, and it doesn't matter now :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My homehub likes to be a cnut 24/7

Piss poor wireless signal, piss poor reliability, piss poor to be honest.