ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Vision - Anyone got it

So im currently on BT infinity top spec package and tempted to add on BT Vision, mainly so i can catch up on some BT sport other than on my phone or PC.

Main question is.. do i have to use the old style RF connection or will my Sky dish and coax cable be alright? thing is where i live its in a black hole for freeview and you have to f**k about with moving the aerial etc. i dont even think the block of flats has one.. there certainly isnt and old style RF cable coming in thats for sure.
If i can keep using the sky dish then that's perfect for me :)

SQ5
Aerial connection, not a dish. It's s**t also.

Just get a new HD box and a free sat card, then sign up for BT sport using your BT subscription.

Cup In bits
Is that a sky HD box you are saying? The girlfriend has BT infinity with vision and is in a pretty poor area for reception, she only gets certain channels.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I was paying £50 BB & phone & not even infinity.

Paid LR up front got discount (& only 12 month contract) & now have unlimited infinity, BT vision etc for £35.

In my area the vision has no problems.

I wanted footie & Moto GP so had no options.

Well ive already got my old Sky+ HD box from where i used to live so its all good to go

i just begrudge paying £60 for sky just so i can watch the F1 (will have to find another way) i already pay £38 a month for BT infinity unlimited cant really dont want to pay much more just to get a few channels,

Looks like either freesat from sky or a freesat box, either way im not sure i'll get the comedy central channels?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
The parents have got it, the box is bloody awful, the content is pretty good though i reckon.

I still prefer my Virgin Media setup though.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
The box and GUI is so clunky, I hate having to use them

Strangely i prefer it to sky. I found my youview box quicker and easier to navigate. I think the youview search function is superior to sky aswell as the way it is only one click to watch and old program via iplayer or similiar. Very slick. So much so i am cobsidering having it in my new house over sky but it is only the f1 that makes me reconsider.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i used to have bt vision and its just a poor sky really, the box was terrible.

you really can't beat the sky experience, and as I'm an old customer i get the F1 channel in HD just by having the entertainment pack and the hd pack so its fairly cheap for me.

The sky recent update and new search is very good, single search for the whole box and it updates the results as you type in, its extremely fast and intuitive.

the change to the F1 channel is a pain though, i'll have to stick to my current package to get it for free essentially.

SQ5
That's the only annoying thing, I'm stuck with that too. Only pack I don't get is sports. I'm sure soon they will f**k us all over and make the old F1/HD contracts obsolete meaning £16 pm just for F1 channel

That's the only annoying thing, I'm stuck with that too. Only pack I don't get is sports. I'm sure soon they will f**k us all over and make the old F1/HD contracts obsolete meaning £16 pm just for F1 channel

Make that £24.50 per month to new customers :(

Back when i had sky i was in the same boat and kinda wish i had kept it.

Ive decided to go back to sky instead of BT vision as the variety of channels is better, after testing out my mates Vision i also prefer the GUI of Sky.

Basic package for now which is £16.50 a month (25% off deal) £25 install and £100 freebie offer i couldnt really complain.

I may add sports at a later date if streaming the F1 hacks me off to much but for an extra £24.50 a month for the whole sky sports which i wont watch, i dont think that will be any time soon

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I've got it. Had some issues having it installed, but since then it's been spot on.

I have one of the newer smaller tv boxes & the new Hub. It's A LOT better than my friends older style. If the box is plugged directly in to the line you will find it much faster than using the wireless sender!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
BT TV offer two products.

Old BT Vision, essentially a freeview box with some connectivity, a older UI and crucially a CI slot so you can get passed the encryption for Sky Sports on freeview.
And the newer Youview, which is a vastly superior product but has a few requirements. (infinity connection) As Seb said, the youview interface is decent and way more intuitive than the Sky EPG (even with the new updates the Sky setup is old and clunky)

The Vision product exists to cater for customers without decent connections, its being phased out as much as possible.