ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB exhaust is it really worth 600 quid!

Titanium 182
Well since the purchase of the new 182, I have been on the look out for an exhaust.

BTB exhausts seem to be most expensive, excluding the Orbisound exhaust.

What makes worth the extra 200 or so over say the like of a scorpian or Yozza.

Yes I know they have been pulse tuned and proven to give eztra bhp, BUT so have the Yozza and Scorpian I would presume.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Your from Durham. Go to AAS in Newcastle

They will custom build you anything you want. noise wise/look wise ect. Mine is build the same way round as the orbisound system, and mine is quiet. Even made me a custom bracket.

Feel free to have a look at mine if your near bishop (before friday)

http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/

More expensive than a Ktec or Yozza, You may have to wait a month or 2 depending on their waiting list. but worth it. (imo) Weve had 3 from them and all were/are perfect, Track car will be going in there some time hopefully.

Not got a car
I certainly would not pay £600 for an exhaust.

Get the Scorpion for £299 off Ebay, This is what I want but am waiting for someone else to get it 1st just incase the fitment is poop :approve:

Better than yours. C*nt.
It is, but if you ask them to make it outside of the group buy it's £1400. My woman-logic kicked in and said that it was a bargain!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Exhausts are 'preference' based. Looks and sound, because the gains are MINIMAL!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yep. Even on more powerful cars, it only tends to make a noticeable difference to turbo'd motors. But BTB sounds the sex, so that'll be fine for me!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As opposed to KW coils on yours = 30% of the value of your car! ;)
But a definite performance gain. Clio exhausts provide noise, nothing more!
Saying that, can't wait to get rid of my ktec 'stealth'. Woeful.

Better than yours. C*nt.
It depends.

It's lighter, better flowing and better made than the majority of systems out there - so yes it is worth it if you can afford to spend it.

However if you just want a noisy exhaust, then no, there are cheaper items out there.

Titanium 182
IS there such an exhaust that offers a decent noise and a good flowing exhaust for a decent price or am I living on another planet

Better than yours. C*nt.
I think the Yozzasport is closest but is a bit lairy in comparison - however you're spending that much money you'd always look at the BTB and think you could have bought one...

Better than yours. C*nt.
True that is...Still a silly price for the small amount of gain you will receive

But then you could say the same with the ITBs. At £3k you get about 20-30bhp. If I spend a grand on the Exige I get 35bhp.

If you wanted 'gains' over the standard power, you bought the wrong car - there's not much more to be had without spending real lumps of cash. It's charged cars that get big gains for little money.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's all about priorities. I'm sure there are people out there that think spending 1k on coilovers is madness, but each to their own. It is meant to be a very good system, but looking at it purely from a 'gains' point of view, it is a lot of cash to pay.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Go to AAS like I already said mate, going to be just as good for a lot less money, they're on the doorstep as well so if there were any problems....from my experience there never has been, then you can go straight up

IIRC its lifetime warranty as well

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Go to AAS like I already said mate, going to be just as good for a lot less money, they're on the doorstep as well so if there were any problems....from my experience there never has been, then you can go straight up

IIRC its lifetime warranty as well

Correct. Lads are spot on aswell. Its nice just to see some of the machines they have up there some days :) And if you have the cash, they can build you a titanium system.

Na mate not really a massive fan of custom made ones.

Lol, why not.

You can have any style you want, any tip size, it lined up how ever you want, any noise you want. And it will fit correctly.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol, why not.

You can have any style you want, any tip size, it lined up how ever you want, any noise you want. And it will fit correctly.
I can understand that, the BTB etc will of been performance tested on the Clio. A custom system won't and will be purely for noise/looks.

ur megane r26
milltek are good, i have one and it is fairly subtle in standard form, but stick a decat on and straight through section and its alot noisier, and still sounds good, but then the yozza is already noisier and cheaper so...

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
BUT
An exhaust is an exhaust.
The standard (182 at least) exhaust is hardly restrictive, so getting a custom one made might mean you lose a magical 1bhp compared to a yozza or something.

RB 200 Cup!
RS192 scorpion ecxhaust gets good reviews on here - plus theres a group buy on at the mo so they are 295 quid

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd disagree. The yozzasport has been shown to give 4-8bhp. A poorly designed system could lose you power. Mine certainly felt a bit strangled with the pooflame exhaust on.

I'd disagree. The yozzasport has been shown to give 4-8bhp. A poorly designed system could lose you power. Mine certainly felt a bit strangled with the pooflame exhaust on.

Who's rolling road did they use because those figures are very optimistic?

TBH an exhaust makes so little real world difference its personal preference as to sound and looks IMHO.

:)

Titanium 182
But the problem with the Yozza is it sounds like some poweful special on the back off a 1.2 corsa...Sorry but it does lol

Better than yours. C*nt.
It looks like you can have my BTB, as I may be selling the Trophy. Yours for £480 from BTB, tell them you're me...

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well it'll only be on offer the once as I paid £120 deposit.

I'll know more later hopefully.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^LOL

Not a chance from a aftermarket. Never.

Milltek suck, full of stress, melting trims etc (sounds nice though) I'm 100% convinced it was jigged 10mm out

BTB was by far the best i had fitted!.