ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

btb exhaust........

clio 182
ive just had a btb fitted to my 182.the quality,mid range gains and fit of the system is superb but i find it a bit loud.i think i read somewhere that the first runs of the btb system had 3 silencers instead off just 2 like mine has.could i have another silencer fitted to tone this noise down without killing the gains ive had with the btb?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
You could, but it would neglect the point of having the system in the first place. Spk to joe @ Shed motorsport.

clio 182
but if i read right and the system origanally had 3 sliencers i wonder if it made a considerable difference................ive emailed shed aswell.cheers ali

that was when they had the full system with decat, which was very expensive, its not to loud its perfect imo. i very much doubt they will add another silencer !!!

clio 200 F4Rt
as said, the initial design of the system had an expansion box where the cat used to sit, to compensate for the removal of the cat.

Once we decided to just run a cat back system this was obviously lost.

How old is the system? As it seems they quiet down very slightly after a bit of use.

Otherwise, glad you like it!

clio 182
the system had been on mikeA's 182 for around 10 months i think before i bought it from him.dont get me wrong the system sounds real gud,a nice deep tone,and its mad how quiet it goes when i have it above 4500rpm.but around town and cruising on the motorway its just to loud for me.

fmp..............ive spoken to btb and they have invited me down to there place to hav a look at it and see what can be done.they were very helpful on the phone.will have to see how it goes.

otherwise fellas if i cant get it toned down anyone who may be interested in buying the btb from me drop me a pm.

clio 200 F4Rt
Ok mark, BTB are very helpful.

I am sure they will help, maybe open it up and pack it with more baffling.

If the worst comes to the worst you shouldnt have a problem selling it, as most people know how good they are!

Seat Leon Cupra 290
may be wanting to change to this when i have more $$$ blueflame currently but something about it just isnt right

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
yeah I agree with Rich / Ralph would like to see / hear a cat back system.

Ive got a blueflame too lol !!! ( I kinda like it tho ? ;) )

Seat Leon Cupra 290
yeh tis ok, but looks a bit odd at the back i think, and sound is a bit annoying, but pretty good for the money,

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
Mark, when fitting the systems we've had a few issues with getting the joint with the cat to seal properly due to the poor quality of the olive seal on the standard cats, many are distorted and rarely seal properly without a fair bit of jiggling around, as a result there is often some blowing resulting in the system sonding louder than it should. Also, have you checked that the rubber mounts are in good condition, they rearely are and if they aren't they can cause the system to resonate against parts of car.

As a side-note, at 88db our system is one of the quietest out there, if not the quietest

Cheers

Joe

clio 182
thanks joe,ill check all those points the weekend.would be a shame to take the system off now,best gains ive ever felt from a cat back system.