ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Rockingham

Oil Burner
Well i've only shot Rockingham once before, and i didnt think much of it for interesting shots, so this time out i had a mooch around the stands as well as doing the usual standard stuff around the infield.

(Yes i know the watermark ruins them.... thats the idea)

Your thoughts please people:

1. Not quite as good as my previous effort.

848147917_WpwFA-L.jpg

2. Bollard removal services

848139122_Q3Ezr-L-1.jpg

3. Packshot, snore...

848139299_U3WpY-L-1.jpg

4. A Tom going around a corner

848138657_SaYap-L-1.jpg

5. Matt using some kerb

848139545_wqD9X-L-1.jpg

6. Another Tom, another Ford

848139695_XDpGZ-L-1.jpg

7. Let the panning begin....

848139042_wfmhf-L-1.jpg

8. A Tiny Scotsman

848138845_aYsqp-L-1.jpg

9. Some Jap C**p

848140863_BuLNK-L-1.jpg

10. Some fella in a blue car

848140572_pp6cB-L-1.jpg

11. Cars, People and Empty seats...

848140122_Az2pr-L-1.jpg

12. Matt Neal flattens the opposition...

848145629_5HmQj-L.jpg

Oil Burner
Cheers guys,

Andy,

That was what i was going for, not to mention that those shots were taken from spectator spots ;)

You are actually awesome.

As brilliant as the first few are, they're more 'traditional', I like the ones where you'd tried something a bit different.

Oil Burner
Thanks very much guys, BTCC in a few days time, so i don't have to wait long for my next fix :cool:

As its Brands and i've shot it loads i'm determined to do some more weird stuff for this next meeting. Already shot the media day there, so half of my stock photos are sorted before the event. So more time for farting around with shots i will never sell lol.

Can I be cheeky and ask how you got the shots from the infield

I was gonna head down last weekend to do some photos but I know from past experience how bad it is trying to get shots at Rockingham through that high metal fence :(

Do you need a proper photographers pass to get down to where you were for shot 4 or 5 - or did you do it from the pits somewhere with a really long zoom lens?

PS. I'm REALLY jealous lol

Oil Burner
For 4 and 5 you would need a media pass, 5 less so, but it depends if they close off the bottom of the pits like i think they did Sunday.

For what its worth Rockingham media passes are far from the most difficult to secure. But you will still need to be working for the media in some form - newspaper magazine or maybe a large website.