ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC @ Snetterton 300

Oil Burner
So i was one of the masses that chose BTCC over BSB for this weekends entertainment, and i had a cracking time.

In short, I found the new circuit to be superb. It may be lacking some spectator access at the moment and have silly lap times (6 lap races in a Ginetta Junior race!) but with the right access there are some cracking spots.

The only catch, they have ruined the last corner/s.

Here are some shots from the weekend. As ever i encourage your comment and criticism.

1. Shedden had a much better weekend than his partner in crime

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-1576-L.jpg

2. Owy entertains the crowd

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-1631-L.jpg

3. Griffin had a dire weekend

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-7137-L.jpg

4. Check out those ears! (Marmite exhibit #1)

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-7899-L.jpg

5. The photogenic Proton down the pit straight

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-8001-L.jpg

6. And cuts some corners...

BTCCSnettertonSaturday-1129-L.jpg

7. And went through the pits...

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-7059-L.jpg

8. And drove past some people...

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-1908-L.jpg

9. Mean while Jackson true to form, won the third race

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-8066-L.jpg

10. While Paul 'the robot' O'neil came a very popular second

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-8249-L.jpg

11. It would be rude not to

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-7745-L.jpg

12. A bit of marmite

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-7045-L.jpg

Turbos.
Nice shots Nick! Can't believe them taking that kerb is genuinely the fastest line! And they wonder why they get punctures...

Was a good day's racing, got to love ITV4's full coverage.

Oil Burner
Nice shots Nick! Can't believe them taking that kerb is genuinely the fastest line! And they wonder why they get punctures...

Was a good day's racing, got to love ITV4's full coverage.

They were very rarely touching the kerb (i don't think Welch can see where he is going over the hulk arches he is running), its so huge and the right hander is so messed up (as you know) that its a pretty slow corner now and most just understeered through it. It was great watching the cars drift through the right hander though, in qualifying Neal had his car sideways most laps, very impressive, but about 500mm too far away to capture.

ITV is ok, but Steve Ryder is a massive penis. Always walks in the way in parcfereme. They need to hire a midget for his replacement.

Great shots Nick, you certainly love shooting that Proton lol!

9 is an awesome shot, great timing.

And as always, I like your Marmite shots too :)

Ph2 Clio 172
Some great shots there.

Totally agree about the layout. All good improvements except the last corner. Don't quite understand what the thinking behind that was?

Oil Burner
Great shots Nick, you certainly love shooting that Proton lol!

9 is an awesome shot, great timing.

And as always, I like your Marmite shots too :)

Thanks Dan, and yes i seem to be drawn to that proton. Or its because it was rubbish and out on its own so i shot it every lap lol

Superb shots Nick - any more detail on what you were shooting with?

Cheers, Same old kit, 1d/50d and 70-200, 1.4tc, 17-40 F4

Some great shots there.

Totally agree about the layout. All good improvements except the last corner. Don't quite understand what the thinking behind that was?

I suspect its a challenging corner to drive, certainly lots of cars were on the edge going around it. But it does create a bit of an anti climax at the end of the lap.

Properly stunnin photos...a bit different in the styling too :)

Thanks Stu, Thats what i go for generally.

Amazing pics Nick.

Cheers Mate!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking pics. Really liie 7, 9 & 12
I'm off to the Gold cup at Oulton park at the end of the month. First time shooting motorsport. Hopefully the weather will hold out and I might get some decent pics.

Oil Burner
Cracking pics. Really liie 7, 9 & 12
I'm off to the Gold cup at Oulton park at the end of the month. First time shooting motorsport. Hopefully the weather will hold out and I might get some decent pics.

Cheers, Oulton is a stunning circuit with great spectator spots for photographers, you will enjoy that.

I some how managed to miss this photo out in my original post...

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-7378-L.jpg