ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bubble flare brake lines advice

Slewis182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182-200
Brake lines... I'm having to replace some copper brake line that goes into HEL braded lines. From what i can see the lines are Bubble flared is this correct? If so does this corielate with the female fittings in the HEL braded lines.

In other words do I need to make up Bubble Flared ends or can I get away with making some Double Flares up instead?

Usr117063

ClioSport Club Member
Single din surely?

On the right
NAnlXl2sz32LzqRqqdtTuZkcLbCAjOh6Rt0S8AJ6DMLukci6Xt5zOaeTUzs_9xZbGKMb7z_weIJwBbX6ctDeY79d19pkOPhQ.jpg

Slewis182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182-200
Aye the one on the right, I have a metric flaring kit which can do single and double Flares, to save me buying a new tool for the single din flare Im wondering if a double flare would fit into the female HEL braded line as apposed to the single din that's currently on the car

Usr117063

ClioSport Club Member
Aye the one on the right, I have a metric flaring kit which can do single and double Flares, to save me buying a new tool for the single din flare Im wondering if a double flare would fit into the female HEL braded line as apposed to the single din that's currently on the car
No a double will definitely not work. What tool is it? I just picked up a tool for 60 quid that can do 3/16, 5mm and 6mm single din and double flares

Slewis182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182-200
Turns out ur I purchased one only capable of a single and double flare. Can I ask what took you went for for the Din flare I've seen a few which look substantially better than the one I've currently got but want to make sure I get the correct size. It's for my 182 so 3/16th pipe

Usr117063

ClioSport Club Member
This one but its out of stock now

I was using this which will give you perfect flares