ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget starter kit

Skoda Fabia VRS
Good Evening to those that aren't out chasing the 'Super Moon'. I would be, but there's a ridiculous amount of clouding/fog for around 15 miles, sucks.

Anyway, the post... A good friend of mine is looking to purchase a beginners kit for his Fiance for Christmas, and has a budget of around £150-£200 (obviously less also, lol!). He basically wants to see if he can spike her interest, so doesn't want to spend an awful lot of money on a paper weight. I've recommended MPB to check prices and compare brands, and thrown him a couple of recommendations.

Has anyone got an ideal sort of starter out kit that they would recommend?

Skoda Fabia VRS
Ask @eugegall how low he'll go with his 550d. More than good enough to start with, I kept mine for a few years and got some good images with it.
I think my buddy is happy with the 400D regarding price/some quick reviews online, and of course from the chaps above.

As for a lens (additional to the kit lens), he's after something around £50-£100. I personally recommended the 'nifty fifty', as someone on here recommended that to me and I have had so much usage from it. The value for money is also brilliant, and it's one of those lenses that I find makes you move around, and get more involved.

Skoda Fabia VRS
He's also linked me a Nikon D90 he's found online. I'm not too familiar with this piece, so I can't comment.