ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget tyres + trackday = ???

Ph2 172 Cup
I've been after some 15" alloys for trackday use. Quite a few sets I see come with tyres with reasonable tread, but they are budgets... My initial intention was to replace immediately, but I'm wondering if it would be more cost effective to just take them and wreck them rather than throw away 'good' tyres?

Are budgets so bad (versus tr-1 or spec2s) that it's going to ruin my day?

340i
hahaha... I did a track day on 2 part worn Goodyear eagle F1's (on the rear) and 2 budgets (on the front)!

Was a very fun, slidey, gripless day ;)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Swap them for Decent Tyres as when I did Snetterton on Budget Kumho's up front I wa understeering on every corner :( and that was my 1st track day so I wasn't massively pushing it

Bumder With A Buffer
Dont use s**t tyres!! I used the crappy Duron Sports that were on my Monza's today and it made it very interesting!! Lots of understeer when pushed and no grip what-so-ever!

Get something half decent definately!!!

Clio 172 Cup , 200SX S13
Take them and wreck them , less grip doesn't mean less fun. Might even make you a better driver...

ditto - providing they're the same all round, it shouldn't necessarily spoil your fun. poor tyres on the front with decent ones on the back's going to be annoying though