ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

budget...whats 197's tax this year and next..

Polo Bluemotion
My boxster is in the £300 bracket :eek:

did you not see the legal challenge that porsche raised a while back?? it was to do with londons congestion charge, and proposals to charge according to co2 emisions. Every porsche falls into the highest bracket apparantly......:S

BMW F21 125d
Whats a 172 - isnt it 194 g/km Co2 ? Up £50 a year to £260 a year, robbing swines and the roads are still s**t and full of pot holes.

Makes me sick all these green policy b****cks, I wouldn't mind if we were paying for improved roads but this is a gimick,
how does charging more tax on cars prevent climate change when it's a small % of our total carbon output.

Just worked it all out for the 182.

The CO2 emission is 194g/km placing it currently in Band F

Next year 13 bands instead of 7, Clio 182 will be in Band J

2008 - 2009 from March 31st £210 per year Up £5.00
2009 - 2010 - £260 per year. Up £50.00
2010 - 2011 - £270 per year. Up £10.00

All in all we've been fucked by the government again. It's enough to turn a man to drink. Oh s**t they've got that one covered as well.

My carbon footrint from breathing out C02 is quite high.. Actually I've got into the habit of closing my windows at night so I don't polute with my expelled greenhouse gas. I've had my central heating removed, and all the C02 making trees nearby have been cut down to make way for some more special government trees.

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
woohoo the DCi goes down another £15 I guess that means i can binge drink again! Labour have no idea whats going on... £950 tax on some new cars!
Ill stick with the Surf I think at £185 forever more (pre 2001) and its a 2.4
Dont even get me started on the LEZ

Clio 200
a went from a 1.3cdti corsa £35 a year road tax and cheap motoring to the 172 which the now is 210 a year going to the 260 and expensive motoring, happy days a guess :(

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The Vee goes up to £440 then £455 hehe :D New prices affect all cars built after March 31st 2001.

Dan

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
First time that the super tax bands have been retrospective, so double whammy for me with the Vee in the top band, and the missus' petrol 7 seater in the £300 band :(.