ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bugati veyron V's mclaren SLR

BMW 330d :)
Sort of knew the outcome before clicking the link. But it was interesting to see how much of a difference there is.. Quite suprised at the amount of distance between them at the end.

Breaking A 172 Replica
As above.

I cannot believe the difference there!

There Bugatti is a fair bit heavier and it loses about 10% more through the transmission!

BMW 330d :)
But look at the slr squirming around trying to put it 600+bhp through the rear wheels...

I suppose that the bugatti does have higher transmission losses but it can use most of its power whatever the conditions...

MCS R56
Bit of a pointless experiment, giving a score after each run. The only interesting part is the distance by which the Bug wins. Would be better to see what the advantage is on the other side of 150mph.

The thing that impresses me is how effortless the performance is.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would love to put a clio in that race just to see it in comparison,Until the twisties where the clio would be gone of course ..lol

ian

Breaking A 172 Replica
As above.

I cannot believe the difference there!

There Bugatti is a fair bit heavier and it loses about 10% more through the transmission!

Edit: According to the stats, the Veyron is about 40kg heavier, and when did you dyno one ??!?!?

Yesterday.

I understood, as a rule of thumb, that FWD lose around 10-13%, RWD 15% and AWD 25%?

How good are the Veyrons around a track?

mini cooper (RIP 172)
how pissed off would you be if you just bought a slr and at the lights a veyron came up next to you;)

and i hear the the veyron is top class round a track

Titanium 182 FF
how pissed off would you be if you just bought a slr and at the lights a veyron came up next to you;)

and i hear the the veyron is top class round a track

I second that, i hear the Veyron is amazing around track too.

FOCUS ST 275
Id love to see one of them races with the Veyron against an F1 car.

Which do you reckon would win?

F1 car easy, as good old murray used to say in F1 '97 "an F1 car is about half the weight of a mini...."

Also has a f**k off big wing on the fron and back to help it keep up with the clio in the twisties!!

If the Veyron would win i'd eat my left testicle.

Id love to see one of them races with the Veyron against an F1 car.

Which do you reckon would win?

F1 car easy, as good old murray used to say in F1 '97 "an F1 car is about half the weight of a mini...."

Also has a f**k off big wing on the fron and back to help it keep up with the clio in the twisties!!

If the Veyron would win i'd eat my left testicle.

lol. I remember. Then he goes on to say "and these things can accelerate to xmph in six and a half to seven seconds"

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It was either in Evo or on Pistonheads were I read a story of the Veyron chasing a 911 GT3 in the twistys, with the Journo's driving (both good drivers) and the Veyron just monstered the GT3...

Dan

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
you sure about a veyron loosing to an f1? didnt nigel mansel drive a 205 t16 round a track and he said it would eat the f1 car plus the time it laped in would of put it third on the podium? could be very inacurate tho lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I love it how people seem to think that the Veyron is like a C20 Let'd Corsa, Fast in a straight line.

Its the Best performance carr ever. Period. Its not just a striaghtline car, We have the Americans who make cars to do that, The Veyron is a moonster in a straight line and on track. I seem to remember the video Iridium mentioned, And the Veyron Molests the GT3, And thats one of the best track cars out there!

You can see why each Veyron costs £5,000,000!

clio...
Isn't a Veyron £850,000... and wasn't 5mil the total cost of design, research and development?.

That aside; Its got the fastest top speed... But the Ultima canes it from 0-60, 0-100, 100-0, 0-100-0. There is a video kicking about somewhere.

without a doubt they are in complete different ballpark to any of these other cars that apparently 'rival it' or will... Due to the fact the Veyron still does look like a proper car.

Would love to see a video of the veyron round a track. Espc' the Gt3. anyone able to dig it up?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
They cost £850,000, But each unit costs 5 million. They lose £4,150,000 per unit lol.

Ultima is a kit car though really :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would love to see the ultima after 150mph with the veyron.

Now that aside EVO did a group test a couple if issues ago with all the top cars .Lambo,ferrari enzo and the likes and the veyron left them for dead in all areas including the bends

ian

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
The veyron vs R8 one amuses me :D

They said in the facts about the car o ntop gear if you passa Veyron in a mclaren F1 @ 100mph, And then the Veyron sets off, The Veyron will beat it too 200mph. I'd love to see a video of this!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They say that because the 0-200 time of the macca is so much slower than the veyron.Would still love to see it though

ian

clio...
They cost £850,000, But each unit costs 5 million. They lose £4,150,000 per unit lol.

Ultima is a kit car though really :)

If this is correct; Why are they increasing the units from 50 created a year to 70? Wouldn't be very smart if they were losing £4,150,000 per unit.
You're relying on topgear facts; Which truth be told in this case are wrong.
However, I may even be wrong :eek::eek:, But I've read else where that it was 5mil for everything i said before.. and I don't understand why a company would want to lose an extra £81,500,000 a year.. when they already lose 207,500,000 . I don't think they could afford that. Even if they are VW ;)

MCS R56
Isn't a Veyron £850,000... and wasn't 5mil the total cost of design, research and development?.

That aside; Its got the fastest top speed... But the Ultima canes it from 0-60, 0-100, 100-0, 0-100-0. There is a video kicking about somewhere.

It's not exactly a caning and after 100-120mph, the Veyron will begin to show who's boss.

The impressive fact is the that almost anyone could sit in a Veyron and drive it, especially in a straight line to above 200mph. I bet there are not too many average drivers who could get more than 80% of the performance from something like an Ultima. It's just so raw and violent compared with a smooth, 'Where's the drama?' Veyron. I love how it's just a luxury car that can be driven normally. It just so happens to have 1000bhp and handles better than almost every other car ever made.

To sum up - my Mum could drive a Veyron. She wouldn't get an Ultima or such like off the line!