ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Build or buy?

Looking at a desktop to replace the laptop.
I've built..well added and removed bits and bobs before and managed to get the pc working as it should - my problem is I don't really understand much jargon and just go buy price.

My aims:
Quick boot times
Can handle internet, music, movies
Can operate Footall manager without issue (Ie more leagues doesnt mean it slows down)
Price - Not got a great deal to spend (400ish)

I need everything down to the mouse. I've seen this: http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/521949/ACER-ASX3200-4050/tab/specification as an easy option but ive no idea if its a rip off and I could build it for alot less. Any tips?

Sy

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
in your case, i would buy.

have a look at specs here perhaps and work from there? overclockers.co.uk the pre built system are pretty good, but you might find them cheaper elsewhere

As above. Self-builds are great if you're just building the box but, if you're going to be needing a mouse, keyboard, monitor etc. then the s**t soon adds up. System builders will be able to give you better value, especially as it seems you're not after any extreme performance or overclocking abilities.