ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Building a Server?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I did the 2 week course, then revised for a week then took the combined exam, passed first time.

Seems a relatively reasonable time period to do it boot camp style, the 5 days probably better if you've already had some Cisco experience.

Clio 172
To be honest, I know how to do very specific things, configuring ports, setting up some VOIP, PoE, some router stuff. It would be better for me to do the course from the start, and work up.aok reason being I know the practical side of it, just not the theory lol. So I guess a college course is the best bet. I wonder how many places would take someone on that is ON THEIR WAY to getting CCNA. Will have to investigate.

Many thanks again guys

dk

911 GTS Cab
Seems a relatively reasonable time period to do it boot camp style, the 5 days probably better if you've already had some Cisco experience.
This was the official Cisco course, it was 2 separate weeks, icnd1 and then 2, but I took the combined exam rather than doing 2 exams.

A few colleagues of mine did the official condensed 1 week one and said it was too much info to take in in 1 week, also, they had 8 am starts and 7pm finishes. (as well as reading to do in the evenings)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My ICND1 was 5 days, ICND2 was 4 (because of easter). My brain didn't work properly after ICND2 (was more the level of knowledge to take in, than the difficulty of what was being taught).

Will take my CCNA when I get half a chance to actually study, work is far too busy :/

On both courses there were people that had no business being anywhere near a computer, let alone a network.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The Firebrand intensive style courses are pretty long days, they try to cram a lot in. Say the course runs Monday to Friday with an exam on the Friday you'll generally start working the Sunday evening for a few hours when you get there, then depending on the course you can be starting from 8am or working until 9pm each day, although the last day is usually just a quick session to go over things then the exam.

Their list prices aren't the cheapest, but only a mug pays what they advertise ;) And remember that cost includes your accommodation and food for the week.

As above though have been on some courses where I really wondered why some people were even there they were so out of their depth (and it wasn't a technical course). No idea how they were fulfilling the certification requirements with the prior experience you're supposed to declare.