ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

building the fastest clio in the country #buildingthefastest

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Just incase you missed it on Facebook :) I’ll leave it here. You know for the record.
Building the fastest standard engine (the one from MK2 clio) Clio in the country. By fastest I mean fastest lap times around UK tracks.
Finally got mapped! Stoked! 460 bhp/tonne. Now to learn how to drive it haha. 4th time lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EVO 4LEX

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R and a 172 Cup
Nice work, glad you got there in the end! When’s your next trackday and where?

I bet that’s an absolute animal! What’s the plan to get the power down and stop the wheels from spinning?

Re-cast the front wings and bonnet out of pig iron :unsure:

Seriously though, can't start to imagine what that much power is going to be like.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Fastest round a track? Thats a hell of a goal to set yourself, good luck!

I don't doubt you've got the power, I think you'll spend the next year or so getting the car setup to put the power down.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I can remember when this car was silver ffs😂

Been watching your YouTube since the beginning, every new video is a "here i know I bought X... but now I want it to do Y so I welded this and now its 15 times better"😂

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Re-cast the front wings and bonnet out of pig iron :unsure:

Seriously though, can't start to imagine what that much power is going to be like.

Me neither. [emoji2962] only one way to find out

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Fastest round a track? Thats a hell of a goal to set yourself, good luck!

I don't doubt you've got the power, I think you'll spend the next year or so getting the car setup to put the power down.

Yep always aim high! Otherwise may as well call this build “building the fifth fastest” [emoji23]
And luckily i have time to figure out how to lay the power down. Drag cars seem to be able to do it [emoji1696][emoji6]

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
I can remember when this car was silver ffs[emoji23]

Been watching your YouTube since the beginning, every new video is a "here i know I bought X... but now I want it to do Y so I welded this and now its 15 times better"[emoji23]

Haha thanks buddy! Yeah that’s pretty much how it goes. Buy new take it apart modify it don’t be sitisfied make your own from scratch [emoji23]

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
What sort of times are you hoping for at Donny? Few of us at Cadwell 30th November if you fancy it??

No idea if I am honest. Will be testing day. Start with low boost. Lost of things to adjust.
Next one after Donny is snett on 1st dec.

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
What’s the fastest times for each track? There’s not many in the UK so shouldn’t be to hard to get some reference

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Fastest time I can find at Donny for a Clio is a 1:20.026 done by a chap called Tom Mensley at the CSCC Tin Tops meeting on 26 Sep

Attachments

• TinTops Donington.pdf
    91.4 KB · Views: 137

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Someone has gone faster for sure - I just went through the last couple years of events on TSL Timing. I'd expect this thing to be a couple seconds faster easy considering its got 2.5x more power than standard 😱

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Good chance a part of nearly every track Clio has been through your workshop at some point, Mark!

Not meaning to take anything away from this effort, but the quickest lap (to date) probably isn’t going to be found by looking at recent CSCC entrants or track day videos on YouTube though is it.

It’ll be the pro half of some random pro am entry of a supercharged cup racer on a pre-YouTube britcar test day in 2006 or something equally obscure.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Not meaning to take anything away from this effort, but the quickest lap (to date) probably isn’t going to be found by looking at recent CSCC entrants or track day videos on YouTube though is it.

It’ll be the pro half of some random pro am entry of a supercharged cup racer on a pre-YouTube britcar test day in 2006 or something equally obscure.
fair enough. but the plan is not just beat some tin tops time by a sec. but completely annihilate it by a sizable margin. depending on track of course. time will tell.