ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulb upgrades

Remapped derv Golf

I know this has been talked about a lot but I find the standard bulbs in the Cup total crap on a dark motorway. My MK2 VTRs were miles better.

So Im thinking about buying some new one. Im thinking of getting white LED side lights and a new set of H4s - but which ones?

Dont wanna go mad and spend a fortune so can anyone recommend some at a good price? Legal of course.

Cup 172

I got some Osram Silverstars for £27.95 including some free Philips Blue Vision Sidelight Bulbs for £27.95. They are superb and make a hell of a difference.

What messure of improvements can upgrading the bulbs show?. just a little or 50% more distance or brightness or what?

Sy

Ford Fiesta

isnt it H7 you need and H1s for the main and dip?

blue vision all the way,

powerbulbs.com? discount via cliosport. unless someone can you get you them on here?

Polo + Micra

osram silver stars:)

£39 for both dipped and main + free blue vision side lights:D
this was using power bulbs discount
[Edited by Dink on 1/4/2005 12:55:26 PM]

My dipped are standard but my main beams are Philips 100w rally bulbs from powerbulbs, about £25 quid with free side light bulbs (interior bulbs).

Now I enjoy seeing numpties with their foggies on, they dazzle me so I return the favour by giving them a sun tan!!!!

Chocolate Bar™

ive upgraded my dynamique to osram silverstars (h7) and there is a definete improvement in the amount of light output.

externally the light isnt pure white, but is white-ish. i wouldnt say it was any different to the standard clio bulbs to be perfectly honest.

my dad however has the same (osram silverstars) in his van in a H4 fitment, and there was a huge change compared to the old yellow ones :D