ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulbs not working after being changed

clio 182
hi all I have just replaced some bulbs in my 182 and now I have a problem.....
new LED sidelight bulbs no probs...
new LED interior light no probs....

Problem No.1

the new LED numberplate light....which won't work? so I put the original normal bulb back in and now that won't work???
tried 3 bulbs now and nothing works which is annoying because it used to work!!!

Problem No.2
after failing on problem 1 I then realised my passenger side Tail light was out...so I removed the bulb but it isn't blown? both fillements for tail/brake are perfect. so after swapping with 4 identical Brand new bulbs from Halfords still nothing??

the bulbs I've tried only illuminated the brake light but not tail light?? please some help me lol

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Sounds like a blown fuse. The fuse more than likely powers the rear sidelight, and possibly the front sidelight, as well.
Check the fuse, if it's blown then replace it and recheck your lights.

Also is the number plate LED bulb one with a metal base? If so, I guarantee you've pushed it in too far and shorted the base on the contacts.

clio 182
I have replaced a blown tail light fuse and adjusted the contact point on the number plate light and all is sorted.... but now problem 3 has occurred. ..

its when the headlights are on and I indicate right whilst applying the brakes it illuminates/flashes the rear fog light symbol on the dash board? and also it makes the right taillight flash in synchro with the indicator?

I have tried to clean the multi plug and tighten the connectors but no good? i haven't accessed the earth points yet if that's a possibility??

I've only had the car 2 weeks ish and I know all bulbs were working correctly because me and my friend thoroughly tested them all before the test drive?

can I buy new multi plugs? or bulb holders?

thanks

clio 182
I've managed to clean up a few more contact points and check all earthings and they are tight as fk!

when i brake my indicator illuminates slighty

and when i indicate right it plays a disco with rear foglight and brake light etc? any help would be appreciated lol thanks

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Will need the earth points cleaning. The flashing fog light will be caused by a bad earth, so will need the earth points cleaning.

clio 182
I have removed both earthing wires from under the boot area and cleaned them including the bolts and washers...
im still getting the disco effect fog light when braking and indicating? I don't know what else to do? other than change the multi plug loom or bulb holders??

clio 182
all fixed and back to normal!!!

after removing the earths and cleaning the surfaces up and also cleaning the multi plug and adjusting the pins nothing seemed to stop the fault.

!!!until I used a heat gun on the multi plugs and bulb holders now they work perfect!!!

I think I might just have to be more careful when washing my car in the gaps around the rear lights