ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulkhead heat shield / Nimbus

Bmac

ClioSport Club Member
I want to replace the bulkhead heatshield in the 172 as its falling apart.

I see that I have 2 options:
1) Replace with nimbus
2) replace it with a heat shield from a 1.2

The problem I have is a can't find where to buy the 1.2 shield from, and I can't find any pictures of the nimbus fitted so I'm unsure of what size it should be and exactly where it should go.

Does anyone know where I can buy a 1.2 heat shield from or have pictures of the nimbus in place so I know what to do with it?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
It's an old picture and not very detailed, but this is how I fitted a sheet of Nimbus in my circuit car.

I just removed the header tank bottle from the bulkhead, then added some heat tape to the left and right of it. Used self-tapping screws to secure it along with washers.

It was just a sheet of 300 x 600 mm from Merlin Motorsport. Link - https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/nimbus-gii-2-layer-heat-shield-material-aero-nim-s

Lasted forever, zero issues, in it's fact still on the car 7 years later racing in 750MC championships.

IMG_4375.jpeg

Bmac

ClioSport Club Member
Great, thanks for that. No issues with putting it in with the engine in place then?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not the best pic but I’ve got a huge chunk of it on the bulkhead. Theres a few original screws holding various bits onto the bulkhead/scuttle that you can poke through to mount it with
IMG_4801.jpeg