ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulkhead Heatshield

wms_f1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
So Ive removed the engine bulkhead carpet thing and replaced with the heatshield off a 1.2.

It came without any nuts, and Ive fitted it with an M6 nut but it doesnt fully tighten and the heatshield rattles!

Ive tried an M5 nut but its too small.

Can anyone please tell me where I can get nuts that will fit??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
The treads on the studs are not what you would class as ‘traditional’ in fact they are almost as corse as wood screws. The proper nuts are fitted to the 1.2 8v, which will be where your heat shield came from. But I’ve not yet been able to find them new. You can (I’m told) get away with the heat shiel clios like these
10x Metal Locking Star Washers- Underbody Heat Shield Fasteners (N90335004 / N90335004) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017IZBBNO/?tag=cliospnet01-21

If you are anywhere near Gloucestershire I have a few you can have.

wms_f1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks for the reply.

Thats makes sense! Did think the thread was a bit corse!

Thanks for the offer, but Im in Anglesey so a bit far.

Will order some off Amazon, unless anyone on here has some of the original nuts lying around in exchange for some beer tokens??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
The nuts are a specific thread and hard to come by. I’ve got the part number for them written down somewhere. They were nearly £2 a nut when I ordered some 6 months ago so wouldn’t be surprised if they have gone up.
I’ve also used the bmw style plastic ones before and had no issues

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
The nuts are a specific thread and hard to come by. I’ve got the part number for them written down somewhere. They were nearly £2 a nut when I ordered some 6 months ago so wouldn’t be surprised if they have gone up.
I’ve also used the bmw style plastic ones before and had no issues

Yeah that would be great please if i could have the part numbers or link to the bmw ones.

wms_f1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
@wms_f1 Sorry i know im a bit late on this but,where did you get the heatshield pleaae?.
Sorry mate - just seen this!

I got the heatshield from someone on here that was selling one in the Parts for Sale section a good few months ago.

Maybe try a wanted post??