ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulkhead soundproofing

The soundproofing on the bulkhead is looking rather tired and worn. I know you can replace it with heatproof shielding type stuff but I'm not keen on how that would look in the engine bay. Only other solution I can think of to keep the heat away from the various things that run behind there i.e throttle cable, clutch cable, would be to heat wrap the manifold.

Now I've never really dealt with heat wrapping exhausts and manifold so I'm not sure how much heat it actually prevents in the engine bay but would it be sufficient enough to prevent things melting if I removed the soundproofing?

Ph1
Just a quick follow up question to this: Say your bulkhead sound proofing has had it, can you use one from any Clio model or are the Sports unique in shape?

Mental 172 Cup
Nimbus Heatsheild and remove the carpet, will look awesome and your barely see the Heatsheild..