ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bullets

172 cup
how the feck do you paint the wirting.. lol iv tryed using the touch up pen and that failed. and i aint gona mask it cuz it will take me forever to get it right.

how did you guys do it?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Touch Up Paint Brush and a Slow steady hand..... I've also got a Very Fine Art Brush aswell but you can only get a good finish if you have steady hands

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
instead of using masking tape you could try masking it with blue tac........havent tried it yet tho gotta get some paint this weekend to do mine

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
no havent tried it, just read it somewhere ages ago, was some tip on spaying/painting

Clio 16v 182 Replica
instead of using masking tape you could try masking it with blue tac........havent tried it yet tho gotta get some paint this weekend to do mine

Tryed it today and it works perfectly, Just did it on a old set of bullets which have seen better days. But using blu tac i managed to get the 6 to come out perfectly.

dsc00565k.jpg

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
^^
looks good

gave mine a go over the last few days, hasnt turned out brilliant but hoping they wont be too noticable once on the car

Clio 16v 182 Replica
Started on 16v Bullets, Going to spray them at weekend when im off work,

Pressed blutac hard against side of lettering then using my fingernail and a knife to get it really neat to the edges of text, Then masked off the rest and will spray on the colour.

dsc00593s.jpg

Delusiond

Red 197
Mate thats an awsome idea.
+1 to you

i just took the pain off my fail bullets and will get some blutac tomorrow
:)

Monaco 172 (02)
Thread steal . . But I have a 172 with '16v' bullets.

Anyone know where I can get a set of 2.0 16v ones?
I haven't tried Renault yet, bet they are shocking for what they are.

May sand them down, and attempt duplicating the 2.0 16v font on them?!
Dont suppose its a Windows font? :)

Thread steal . . But I have a 172 with '16v' bullets.

Anyone know where I can get a set of 2.0 16v ones?
I haven't tried Renault yet, bet they are shocking for what they are.

May sand them down, and attempt duplicating the 2.0 16v font on them?!
Dont suppose its a Windows font? :)

Hehe stealth mode ay!:cool:

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
Got some photos?

b1lly said:
not yet, will take some when they're on the car...........from a distance ;)

here you go, luckily they are a spare pair so now know to leave things dry for longer and not be so impatient lol, also thinking to do the other pair in blue with anthracite writing?????

DSCF1581.gif

also done my front diamond

DSCF1571.gif

and put the rear badges i bought on, will do the rear diamond at a later date

DSCF1587.gif

GW 200T
when taking the blu tak of does it remove the paint tho on either the written or the back ground

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
^^
no, its much less sticky than using masking tape,leave the backround paint harden before doing it though

koi

Audi S1
I sprayed the whole lot with primer and then the background colour, afterwards I sanded down the letters to reveal the original silver of the badge. Let it dry and then lacquered.

Took me 4 attempts to get the finish to a standard I was happy with lol