ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bump stop advice

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Only had the Clio a week fellas, so go easy on me lol.

Got a tidy 2003 172 Cup which is sitting on new cup shocks and cooksport springs. Noticed some rubbing on the inner arches when pushing on, which to be honest I was aware could happen.

Checked the arches and could see clear evidence on the plastic. I've cut away the offending areas but can see it's also been hitting the bumper bracket. That will be a Dremmel attack later this week hopefully lol.

Anyway, I went out testing exactly how it happens. Get no rubbing from full lock and no rubbing from fairly quick driving. If I go round a nice roundabout and load it up slowly or lean on it gradually all is good. But chuck in a short sharp compression mid turn and boom I get the rubbing. Say apexing a roundabout that dips down.

Got me thinking re bump stops and see from searching on here that some times it appears they are left out. I obviously need to check mine and will do at the weekend. However in the mean time can anyway advice on what I need of they are missing and where best to get them?

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Problem solved!
Stuck her on a mates two poster and a quick inspection showed no bump stops. So I'll be ordering a pair online shortly.
Whilst she was up in the air had a route around for the slight knocking noise I could hear. Assumed it was a ball joint but they were fine. Looks like very slight play on the roll bar ends. So I'll be ordering a set of those to.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
quite common, I managed to forget them last time I fitted a set of dampers, same issue rubbing while cornering or hitting a bump, was scratching my head until I realised what it was and had to strip it all back down again!

R35 GT-R, 172 Cup
Yeah a bit of searching on here indicated it was quite common lol. Will be getting them fitted soon with a few other little bits and bobs. Will just take it a little easier for now ; )

On a side note, this is a fantastic forum. Search function is the best I've encountered through years of different marques. My boomark folder for 'Clio Sport' is now bulging at the seems lol.

Thanks for the replies fellas