ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bump strips on Phase 1 172

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Just wondering why some have black plastic side bump strips and some are colour coded? I know some people have phase 2 colour coded ones fitted to phase 1's but some appear to have standard colour coded ones. Were these an optional extra at the time or only available on certain models? Just wondering as the plastic ones look crap imo and im looking into buying a phase 1 next year when funds are better!

Last edited:
Just wondering why some have black plastic side bump strips and some are colour coded? I know some people have phase 2 colour coded ones fitted to phase 1's but some appear to have standard colour coded ones. Were these an optional extra at the time or only available on certain models? Just wondering as the plastic ones look crap imo and im looking into buying a phase 1 next year when funds are better!

bcuz ppl colour code them to make them look better

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Colour coding FTW.

3.jpg

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Anyone know how much to get the door handles, bump strips etc, colour coded?
Used to have a 172 Cup but sold it due to arrival of company car. Missing it like crazy now though so might just have to take the plunge and get another next year. Looking into phase 1's though as i don't want to spend too much and also i don't want another near death experience due to lack of ABS in the cup lol.

Golf R/Leon FR
depends who you go to

what exactly you want cc'ing? bump strips and handles £60 ish+

RS-1 FTW ;)

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Anyone know how much to get the door handles, bump strips etc, colour coded?
Used to have a 172 Cup but sold it due to arrival of company car. Missing it like crazy now though so might just have to take the plunge and get another next year. Looking into phase 1's though as i don't want to spend too much and also i don't want another near death experience due to lack of ABS in the cup lol.

When you looking to buy?;)

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Probably next summer, depends when the house gets sold though :S

Why you looking to get rid of yours soon then?

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Probably be too soon for me but i'll definitely be in contact when im looking to buy. Looks like a nice motor you got there!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i colour coded mine myself. i have a pair of uncoded strips for sale if u want to buy em? £20