ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper Mounting - Help Needed

Skoda Fabia vRS

my current front bumper seems to sit slightly lower than it should, ive had a look behind the number plate and that seems very secure

it seems a lot easier to move it from the corners, so im thinkin they need tightenin up, but where are they ?

The bumpers on my 16v, I have had to remount before, after having taken it off once before. There are not the most solid and its hard to get them to stay up when they have started to hang. Couple of washers helps. Knowing Renault I would imagine RT bumpers are the same. On the 16v there is a nut behind the number plate (recessed) and two that clamp onto either side as well as two locating lugs, also at the side. Get in under the arch for them, with a torch and you will see them. Also on valver you have to remove some of the shielding from round the arch, subframe area. Dont know if this helps, as I dont know if the RT is same.

Alex M

Skoda Fabia vRS

cheers Alex, should i be looking for the corner mounting points from above or below

and the one behind the number plate seems secure.........would it be worth my while undoing it and re-doin it ?

Brun Mate, if I recall correctely, the reason one side of mine was hanging very bad was because the plastic round the mounting hole had cracked. If you have a soldering iron you can plastic weld a lot of these cracks back together, although in the end i used a strip of metal and a self tapper to reinforce it. It started sagging a wee while after i slowly slid up the arse of a taxi (bloody mondeo) really slow, no marks on either car, but this must have been when it cracked, so it would appear they are not very tough at all. Take it off and see if there is any problems. Youll get the side nuts by jacking front of car up, wheels off and stick your head in the arch. Think they might be nylon nuts, so shouldnt have any prob with rotten nuts. Have Fun, let us know how you get on

Alex M

Skoda Fabia vRS

cheers mate, might have to wait this one as it seems like its gonna take a few hours, not sure when ill have time, but thanks, ill sort it eventually an now i know what im lookin for