ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper Peeling

Monaco 172 2/468
Got some probs with my bumper peeling, I did post earlier, but I think the forum threw my post away when it threw a wobbly lol

Anyway, I hope Rich comes back and tells me what he did before, because I never got to see his second post :(

Any recommendations on where I could get this resprayed or whatever, in the Leeds area, thanks !

cliofront36vx.jpg

cliofront23ty.jpg

106 GTi
No suggestions on anywhere local for you to get it sorted. Shoulnt be anymore than 150-200 quid for a proper job.

As said before you may get away with just getting the laquer flatted back and getting it re-laquered

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Looks like it may have been done before based on the small area I can see in the second pic and the fact that it is peeling like it is.
Where abouts in Leeds are you? I'm in Garforth and was recommended a guy in Kippax though I've been told his work isn't as good as once thought.
I can get details of another guy who does work for Audi if you like.

Monaco 172 2/468
Thanks for the advice Rich

len_beach - I am in Horsforth, it's always useful to have good contacts. If you reckon they can do a good job then the details for the Audi guy would be great :) Have you used him for stuff before ?

Punto/Clio GTT
been painted before, s**t prep. gonna need basecoat and laquering again as i can guarantee, as soon as its had an airline blew on it most will come off.
100 quid for bumper painted

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had the same happen to me on my 172 after it was repaired after a slight mishap with a motorway crash barrier .

As Final Maxim says bad prep , that was the bodyshops opinion also , and it wasn't a backstreet garage , was the biggest and supposedly the best in Blackburn .

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Ibanezman said:
Thanks for the advice Rich

len_beach - I am in Horsforth, it's always useful to have good contacts. If you reckon they can do a good job then the details for the Audi guy would be great :) Have you used him for stuff before ?
I haven't used them myself but I've seen his work on a mates Leon Cupra R and it was bang on. That was a blended rear 3/4 in silver and the finish and match were spot on.
I think he is in Bramley so your side of Leeds.
I'll get the details over the weekend for you bud.

al

ST on the way...
Could do with a touch up guy for a little job in Castleford, you got details of the bloke in bramley mate?