ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper scuff pics

Mini Cooper S sport
OK, thought I'd show you what that b*****d did to my bumper (so you can see what I was moaning about)!

Big apologies for the SHITE quality phone pics, I'll be changing my k700i soon.

bumper4.jpg

bumper3.jpg

And here's my attempt at a temporary repair, the quality of the pic's so bad you can't really see, but it does look better - you can't really tell from this!

bumper2.jpg

And the full picture (seeing as I've finally washed it..didn't realise how filthy it was!)

bumper1.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
did you just polish ou the marks for know? that is well annoying, sorry to hear about it.

Snap! same car! :)

Mini Cooper S sport
I couldn't polish them out because they're on the bumper..the top layer of paint was scraped off to the black plastic underneath. All I could do was cover all the scrapes with the Renault touch-up pen.

What pisses me off is they must have known they did it - and they must have known there wasn't enough room to pull out without scuffing it but they didn't give a s**t.

Beetle
you don't have much luck do ya, first its keyed now this, sorry to hear it hope you get it sorted:dapprove:

A well built VW
Oh sorry to hear that, think you shouldn't have bothered with touching up tho IMHO looks a mess , chips away did something like that on the old mans for £35 would have been wiser to do that and get a much better finish

VaVa
I had similar thing done to my 172. I had a chipsaway type guy come and paint the side of my bumper in a matt finish in the wrong shade of silver. Crazing in the paint, all sorts. Terrible job.

Sent it to a proper bodyshop who resprayed the whole front bumper. (including the little black plastic parts in the slit on the front bumper :mad: ).

It cost me £140 and it's 100% better. Not worth scrimping with things like this - get it done by a pro in a proper bodyshop imho.

Ford Fiesta
lagerlout1 said:
I had similar thing done to my 172. I had a chipsaway type guy come and paint the side of my bumper in a matt finish in the wrong shade of silver. Crazing in the paint, all sorts. Terrible job.

Sent it to a proper bodyshop who resprayed the whole front bumper. (including the little black plastic parts in the slit on the front bumper :mad: ).

It cost me £140 and it's 100% better. Not worth scrimping with things like this - get it done by a pro in a proper bodyshop imho.

did he sort the black bits for you though?

Mini Cooper S sport
The Big Yin said:
Oh sorry to hear that, think you shouldn't have bothered with touching up tho IMHO looks a mess , chips away did something like that on the old mans for £35 would have been wiser to do that and get a much better finish

They still can, and I will do that after I move next year - but there's absolutely no point yet because it will only happen again. I'll also spend more than that and get it done properly.

I've literally just painted over the black bits which stood out a mile, and it does actually look much better from a couple of feet away. Do bear in mind it's a very shitty quality, very close-up phone pic - and it's just for now!

:( might be able to make it look better with a bit of wet sanding and then a polish with a rotary and a pc with gradually less aggressive compounds. This could be a temporary fix until having it all blown over by a bodyshop. Whoever did it need their balls cut off.

RenaultSport 182 gordini
sorry to see that did you do it or did some careless fool on britans roads i have the same car and some fool at renaults has traped the seat belt in the door and bent the lip on the door truble is i did not see it till i got the car home

Ad

MK2 FRS
Use chips maway when you go for the full repair, you wont be able to tell and will be a fraction of the price of bumper respray.

Mini Cooper S sport
mrbond said:
sorry to see that did you do it or did some careless fool on britans roads i have the same car and some fool at renaults has traped the seat belt in the door and bent the lip on the door truble is i did not see it till i got the car home

No I didn't do it. I have to park on street and some careless wanker did it because they clearly couldn't be bothered to reverse back and turn the wheel a bit more.

I'll worry about a proper repair next year, it's no longer that obvious until you get close.