ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bumper smoothing

basically i have this
IMG_20150207_1543421_zps66ea1e3d.jpg

and am tempted to do this:
IMG_20150207_1521291_zps5upxqfqg.jpg

any thoughts / ideas

was thinking of adapting a sport bumper instead, but cannot find the info on how to do it :/

also, anyone got any ideas of prices for a bumper spray if i do all the prep myself

cheers

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Each to their own @mossyv6

Cheers @Knuckles
Have been looking over your thread and will probably go for the 1*2 bumper, modify the brackets and smooth the recess

You have any real problems fitting the bumper?

Not really, I removed too much from where the bolts fasten so had to build it back up with fibreglass, but with a bit of time it's easy enough.

If you can organise a courier, you can have my old one... You'd need to tart it up like but the offers there

Not really, I removed too much from where the bolts fasten so had to build it back up with fibreglass, but with a bit of time it's easy enough.

If you can organise a courier, you can have my old one... You'd need to tart it up like but the offers there
That would be amazing, I'd do it proud again [emoji14]

I'll drop you a PM In a bit when I'm out of my uni lectures and look into courier services for it

So you want to make it look worse...
Gee thanks..

Gonna head down the sport bumper route instead, they look better and I assume that will suit the tastes of more on here seeing that most people have some strange hatred for the non sports.

Came looking for ideas and experience not people to slate it. We've all gotta start somewhere.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I think if you could get the smooth over flush with the curve of the headlights it would look good. Sport bumper on a 1.2 isn't my cuppa tea with out the wings and track spacing. But do what you want. There's always going to be someone looking down their nose at you for doing something unusual. Might as well make it worth it

I think if you could get the smooth over flush with the curve of the headlights it would look good. Sport bumper on a 1.2 isn't my cuppa tea with out the wings and track spacing. But do what you want. There's always going to be someone looking down their nose at you for doing something unusual. Might as well make it worth it

yeh the headlights and grill kinda ruin the smoothness of it all, think i am gonna get knuckles old bumper, fix it up, smooth the number plate recess and get it painted, that way its different to normal, still got the nice lines from the sport bumper and will have a good finish

the pic above was only a 5 min photoshop anyway, but im not sure on the smoothed bumper without the long gap under the badge, think it could have looked too smooth and round like a dub build