ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper spraying

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
Car  255, 230, 172, R26
Hey guys, i just bought myself a 172 rear bumper off ebay. £90 in total, good deal? Anyway, its in silver! What do we think of DIY spray jobs?

cheers :approve:
 
Go for it, if all fails you can always take it somewhere else to do it aftwards! Will just be a royal pain to sand down I would have thought.
 
Yeh, spose i have nothing to lose! Sanding down will be quite simple as already smooth, just need to remove the shine really. I'll give it a go!

Cheers!
 
Rattle cans on such a big area wont achieve a great finish imo.........
 
^ That was my only gripe, especially being metalic. Bugger it, i'll try it until i get it right! Already spent silly amounts on it!
 
lol Rob, uno u love me really ;)

I may get our aircraft sprayer to do it for me, hes good! Im not! lol
 
I'd like to try it on mine too, both front and rear...problem is they're very ruined. I did a pretty good job at refurbishing the wheels, with metallic filler and sanding, but I had them painted at the local paint shop (50 euros for the lot, plus 10 for meterials). I wonder if it's much harder with plastic?! I bet it would be a lot cheaper if I bring the filled and sanded bumpers to the shop...
 
im doing the same right now, i've just removed the rear bumper and i'm gonna attempt it later on, the side strips didnt really match that well though when i did them so im kinda nervous about the bumper.. :dapprove:
 
literally just a rattlecan job mate so i cant really complain, i'll probably re-do them properly when i can find some time, they arent terrible quality wise, just the colour is a bit off, and on a white car it shows
 
Back
Top