ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper spraying

Renault Clio MTV
On my Clio the plastics round the front and back bumpers are black, I've seen a few clios about with them sprayed the same colour as the rest of the car and it looks way better. Mine are all faded and don't look great tbh, I've found out my paint code and all but I was wondering if I spray them will it look good? Or will it be a different colour due to being a different material? Also where do I get the paint and what else I will need like primer etc?

Superleggera'd MK3
Hi mate, im getting mine done as we speak by a professional sprayer. You can do it yourself but make sure you get the paint mixed correctly by a reliable source as halfords etc can be a bit hit or miss. Definetly worth doing though as it makes all the difference, one of the most important mods you will probably do :)

Renault Clio MTV
That's brill mate cheers! How much did it cost you for the paint? And for the pro sprayer? And I agree completely mate, so much better looking!

Superleggera'd MK3
Well he is my brothers mates dad who owns his own paint/body shop so i get it a little cheaper. Getting front, side and back bumper strips for about 120 quid. That includes paint. But not sure if he makes the paint or gets it direct from somewhere? But his work is good :) fricking pain in the arse to get the bumper strips off though :( gotta get physical with it!

Renault Clio MTV
Only need the bumpers done, got the wing mirrors and door strips/ trims done in carbon fibre, sounds taccy but looks pretty good:) I'll have to look about and see if there's anywhere near me but everyone I've asked doesn't know lol. And I'll have a wee look now buddy thanks!

Mk1 Clio1.8/2.0Williams
I would think most body shops would want around £200 to do that job ( without mates rates etc) please post a pic when it's done guys im sure it will look spot on

Renault Clio MTV
Just doing them silver the same as the car :) think it will look much better! To be honest mate I just about have enough money for the paint never mind £200 to have it done:/ might have to have a go at it myself just! Any idea how much paint I will need and how much it will cost to cover the front and back bumper just?

don't get your paint from halfords, find a local paint/bodyshop suppliers

you will need a number of grades of sandpaper/wet and dry paper, plasticizor/plastic promotor, high build primer, basecoat and lacquer, and it will also help having panel wipe/tack cloths

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah i think its water based paint you need whereas the halfords stuff is oil based and its very hit or miss whether it will look good or not (i personally wouldnt risk halfords). Yeah its all pricey stuff mate, its annoying me that its all half done atm. Scared about saving for my coilys and alloys/tyres....thats the big issue :(

Yeah i think its water based paint you need whereas the halfords stuff is oil based and its very hit or miss whether it will look good or not

can't get water based in cans and halfords is solvent based but it is poor quality compared to anything you can get from a paint/bodyshop suppliers

MG ZR 1.8
I managed to do my side strips with just rattle can. It was a pretty good finish. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352154860.381172.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352154900.488309.jpg

Fml I miss that car haha :(