ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper strip stuff.......

H22A7 Accord Type R
right guys, due to the clio sitting outside my house almost constantly, and not getting driven much, everytime i come to wash it, my front bumper inserts are a HORRID colour!!! i have some auto glym bumper gel, but, to be honest, it pisses me off and i dont rate it that much! i need to stop by Halfords on the way home and get something decent........

what you reccomend for a good off-the-shelf product for me to get them black with as little mess and fuss as possible............

Rob.

Chocolate Bar™
rich recommended applying the auto glym stuff with a soft brush (toothbrush) did actually work surprising well, so might be worth a shot first.

H22A7 Accord Type R
will bear that in mind mate!! does it go out of date? lol, ive had it a while ;)

106 GTi
I swear by the AG Bumper care stuff, is not good tho if not applied correctly. As above work it well in with a soft brush to textured trim and buff the residue well after with a clean cloth.

Smoother not textured trim, I prefer AG Vinyl and Rubber Care, again buff really well after application for best results.

H22A7 Accord Type R
will give that a go Rich. Lately, by the time i get to the bumpers, i canny be arsed, to i loose the head with it lol!!! now to find me old toothbrush........

Monaco 172 2/468
Is there a point when its gone too far though........ I am sorting out my mum's mk1 clio, and the black strip between the bonnet and windscreen is bordering on white lol........ what would be the best way to get this as dark as possible ??

Skoda Fabia vRS
yes, it can be past saving, my panel is exactly the same

the best product ive found is the chemical guys new look trim gel

Monaco 172 2/468
BRUN said:
yes, it can be past saving, my panel is exactly the same

the best product ive found is the chemical guys new look trim gel

Where do you get that from my man ? :cool:

Monaco Blue 172
Smoother not textured trim, I prefer AG Vinyl and Rubber Care, again buff really well after application for best results.
will this work on the rubber strip in the back bumper? some fudd seems to have smudged wax over it and i wanna get it back to black if poss :cool:

Clio Sport 1.4 16v
I work in Carnoisseur and I don't think theres any better product on the market than Meguiars Gold Class Trim Detailer and its only about £6.

WD40 works a treat as well just dnt let it run down your paint.

Daz

106 GTi
On the back bumper strip I use the Autoglym Bumper care gel. Work it well and it should sort it out.