ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumpers and side bumpers faded!!!

172 cup
My front, back and side bumpers are faded slightly....I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make it look better or if there was a good product to get to spray them???

172 cup
Plastic!!!!

No pics but I can get some, its not too bad but bad enough for me to want to sort it out.

TeZ

Non RS : (
I use the Einszett Plastic Cleaner and a Megs Detailing Brush, Then i somtimes add some Chemical Guys new look trim on top.

**EDIT is plastic.

Last edited:
  Formally Clio 182
Ah well spotted Marky, well for paint use my answer above, but for bumpers you can buy bumper/tire gel that makes them look black and shiney.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
In terms of spray on products, you could use back to black, but it not very good and only lasts for a short while. I found that it would streak after about a week.
After reading some other threads i think the most advisable product would be AG bumper care. Rub it on. Leave for a bit and them buff it off.

172 cup
Thanks for the advise.
I have tried back to black already and it looks ok for the first day but thats it.

TeZ

Non RS : (
yep they all fade after it rains do as i said above i do this on my bumpers and plastics and it lasts Weeks.

the Einszett Plastic Cleaner will get rid off all wax polish etc on the plastic or the new look trim to lay on rather than coating the s**t.

and DONT use T-cut lol.

106 GTi
Another vote for AG Bumper Care Gel, rub it in well and buff the excess off well to avoid streaking.

clio 182 silver
try waterlessdetailers.co.uk they speaicailist in car cleaning s**t hot i used to use them until i became car valterer now my caer never dirty clean it every other day at work sad i know lol

AG bumper care again, back to black is rubbish.

oh and please dont say the "T" word, it makes me feel all sick inside. the only thing that stuff is good for is polishing scratched cds and headunits!

jamie

C

Clio_Craig

Ag bumper care here to :) and as combine said leave the t-cut in halfrauds