ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bunger's Ph1 172

PH1 172/205 GTI/UnoT
Thought I'd start a thread to keep track of the 172. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and the intention is to tidy everything up and then add it to the 'collection' with my other cars. It's a 1 owner Odyssey blue phase 1 172 with the ally bonnet. It's completely original bar a subtle cat back stainless, which I don't mind.

The paint is faded on the bonnet and roof, but apart from that in fairly good condition with no rust showing anywhere on the car. My brother does detailing so I will get him to see what he can do with the paint, but will probably end up getting it painted.

Last weekend I had a 4 new Michelin tyres fitted as the ones on it were both budget and pretty tired. I also had a full service carried out using genuine Renault parts including the cambelt, water pump, dephaser, fuel/oil/air/pollen filters, plugs, discs & pads all round (rear bearings also), oil, coolant & brake fluid were also flushed and renewed. I've got a new dogbone mount (Evol), all four ARB bushes and all three exhaust mounts to go on this weekend, alignment is booked in too.

The plan is to get the windscreen replaced as it's a plain one instead of the UV screen, get the steering wheel retrimmed, refurb the alloys and give it a damn good clean inside & out. I've got some new Hella headlights and some Magnetti Marelli fogs to go in this weekend - I'm hoping to find some new original mats too.

Here's the only picture I've got but will post some more as/when I have an update. Comments / questions welcome!
unnamed.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
good to see a ph1 being restored and money spent on it to bring it back to former glory, great little cars.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Iv had 2 ph1, a flame red and iceberg silver, loved them both.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Good to see one being saved :up::up: don't see many these days. Good luck with it

Titanium ph1 turbo
Nice, phase1's are awesome cars... deffo worth spending some ££ to keep it in good condition.. future classics I reckon.