ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burnt cables on this sensor ??

RS200 Cup
Hi,
I need some help please !!
Whilst changing plugs and pencil coils I noticed what I think is a sensor down inside this part in the photo (not the cables you can see ?) had bear wires that were touching each of as the insulation had burnt off šŸ˜® Iā€™m sorry I have no idea what it is ?? it has 2 wires and plugs in with a u clip to hold it in. Anyone know ????
thanks.

Attachments

• 048F485A-CD2A-43DB-B8E2-AAE75E23BAFA.jpeg
    048F485A-CD2A-43DB-B8E2-AAE75E23BAFA.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 73

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
MAP sensor is the sensor just above where you've circled, do you mean something else in that black void?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I'm not 100% sure maybe someone else can be certain :) I think the VVT solenoid is further up on top of the head next to cylinder 4 plug hole.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Maybe one of the connectors for the fuel injectors? (Full on guess mode initiated) :D

RS200 Cup
[emoji23]
Iā€™ve tried looking online for a sensor wiring map but no joy !!!
Glad you mentioned the vvt solenoid as it needs a new seal as oil pissing out !! Might just change it at the same time ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RS200 Cup
s**t that doesnā€™t sound good if it overheated and burnt the insulation off ???
Sorry Iā€™m not clued you on this but I take it there is 4 of these ? Are the easy to replace ?
Thanks again mate.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yeah there are 4 like that, has the car been running fine? has it thrown up any Engine management issues?

Reactions: Gus
  RS200 Cup
To be honest Iā€™ve only had the car 2 weeks and pulling it apart for track racing.
Havenā€™t had it out much but the other night it seemed to misfire while foot on the floor ?
Thatā€™s why today I changed plugs and pencils to NGK
That when I noticed the burnt cable ?
Not sure if the other 3 are damaged ?? Can I take the cover off to check or do I need a gasket on that part ??
Having trouble finding the wiring loom to replace the lot not just that one !
Thank you mate.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yeah maybe that's why it's misfiring if the injector wiring on that number 4 injector is goosed.

I'm no expert but you'll have to remove the upper inlet to get access to check and change. Yeah i think the loom comes like this if you're planning to change the whole lot for new/2nd hand.

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: Gus
  RS200 Cup
Do you know if the plugs I buy to replace the burnt out one need to be for my rs200 or can they be for any Clio that fits ???
Sorry!