ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BurpSpeed Llandow Track Day - August 2014

Haha love the name Le rat. Cheers for the pictures Andy, most people would of left it out because it looks crap.

Massive thanks to the burpspeed lads for a great day out. I'll be there again if there's another one needs to year.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Haha love the name Le rat. Cheers for the pictures Andy, most people would of left it out because it looks crap.
You're welcome buddy! And it looks 'purposeful'... ;)

It's certainly not crap. It went like stink mate and you drive very well. When I was chasing you I was hoping to catch and go past but I lost the third gear and that was it. Even so it would have been difficult as you were carrying your speed nicely round the bends and it looks like Mr Potter has also done a good job on that map :)

features petrol blue clio, fiesta twingo and others

video of an early afternoon session. only footage of the day as my £5 keyring camera let me down lol. not a particularly quick session, think i was quicker when i went out with dan and alex later on. watching it back i defiantly should have grabbed jay or tony for some advice. some dodgy lines going on lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
MarkCup - sadly this is the only photo I have. I had a failed memory card on the day and lost some 20-odd photos. Sorry!

20140820_burpllandow80.jpg

Megane 250
This looks awesome, shame I don't have a clio or I'd pop along to the next one with the track being 45 minutes from me.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
This looks awesome, shame I don't have a clio or I'd pop along to the next one with the track being 45 minutes from me.

you didnt need a clio, the poomar did suprisingly well.. im on the look out for a clio for next time tho, if there is a next time :\

Megane 250
Not enough people this year, if any less signed up next year, it would cost tony and jay a lot of money.

Ahh right, well I plan on getting a 172/182 at some point so will be more active on this forum probably, so if there is another I'll be game, if people will allow a 16v'd VTR lol

182cup & 172 racecar

It was never intended just for clio's, but mainly guy and gals from CS and their friends.

But anybody is welcome, and if you look at the pictures you will see it's far from just Clios.

So I'm not really sure where you get that idea from.

So you are more than welcome to come along with whatever you have got, we don't care.

Many.
features petrol blue clio, fiesta twingo and others

video of an early afternoon session. only footage of the day as my £5 keyring camera let me down lol. not a particularly quick session, think i was quicker when i went out with dan and alex later on. watching it back i defiantly should have grabbed jay or tony for some advice. some dodgy lines going on lol.

Really glad you enjoyed the day, vid looks awesome and I love that noise!

Session out in your car was epic, that noise, and how it just gets down and f***s off. Diff certainly makes it.

PH2 172

If you cannot wait till next year,Llandow are running 2 days @ £90 this year.Saturday 20th September & Saturday 18th October.On top of this,expect to run at 15mpg,and very likely destroy the left front tyre.
As others have pointed out,Clio`s are not a pre-requirement for either the the Burpspeed day,or these open days.
Fxxcking good fun,even if I have to do a 360 mile round trip.I intend to do at least one of these 2 days.

Honda civic type r
If you cannot wait till next year,Llandow are running 2 days @ £90 this year.Saturday 20th September & Saturday 18th October.On top of this,expect to run at 15mpg,and very likely destroy the left front tyre.
As others have pointed out,Clio`s are not a pre-requirement for either the the Burpspeed day,or these open days.
Fxxcking good fun,even if I have to do a 360 mile round trip.I intend to do at least one of these 2 days.
Will def be along to 1 if not both of these.

Really glad you enjoyed the day, vid looks awesome and I love that noise!

Session out in your car was epic, that noise, and how it just gets down and f**ks off. Diff certainly makes it.

The diff is definatly win haha

unless you drive it with an on off lead foot or its wet its hard to make it lose grip and spin the wheels :)

Focus st3 & t5.1 day

Im up for those if I'm not working!! Infact ill try and book them off :D

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Anyone doing the Sat 20th Sep trackday? Very tempted myself. Might well start a thread. Would be good to get small group going there :D

Id really like too if I can get the time off work! Going to look at a 172 tomorrow, if its not too ropey ill buy it for that, if not ill bring the poomar again lol

Why didn't you remove the number plate??

2 reasons.

1. The car was already in primer, I only re primed it so it was one colour and because I had a few bits I had to re do.

2. I had the number plate removed by a 'mate' a few weeks back and while driving to buy some double sided I got pulled for having the number plate in the back window. I was giving a telling off and was told if I was caught without it on again it would be fine etc.
So when I got to the unit and realized I had forgotten the double sided tape I left it on. The police presence in Newport atm is unreal I would of 100% got pulled.

When it was primed first off it was all stripped, rubbers off, bumpers off, lights out and arial off. Same will be done when it's painted.