ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Llandow Trackday - 24-Aug-2013

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Wait.. when did you get an Elan Russ?

Looks like I missed a great day would of been a fitting send off for my MX5hed its first and last both at Llandow!

53 Clio's & counting
Check out my thread mate lol.

Elan was awesome, even taking it fairly easy on my ten year old tyres it still hung on like mad, will be really good to see what it's like with decent rubber

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Best thing about the élan on the day was the driver.

​At least he pulled over and got out the way rather than keep holding me up.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No problem Jay - happy to help out. :)

Regarding photo requests, I started sending some of the photos out tonight via e-mail. As mentioned before it may take a day or two before they arrive in your inbox due to my slow 'Net connection. But rest assured, they will be with you asap. :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
i'll send an email over now Andy. no need to rush to get them sent though :)

good pictures imo too

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome photos and looks like it was a great day :)
So... we'll see you at the next one, Keith? It's a great day out. :D

i'll send an email over now Andy. no need to rush to get them sent though :)

good pictures imo too
Thanks, Chris. I'm slowly getting through them and yours are on the way over as I speak/type. By the time you read this you should have them. Possibly. I hope. :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Thanks, Chris. I'm slowly getting through them and yours are on the way over as I speak/type. By the time you read this you should have them. Possibly. I hope. :)

Cheers Andy. They are coming over now thanks. Some great shots of the scooby too
I'll send them over to Ben :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No problem mate. :) The last e-mail is just leaving my outbox now...

​Thanks for passing on the pics to Ben.

All received now, thanks again.
And no problem :)

This is a favourite

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377821567.461838.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Hero car living the dream!

IMG_0228_zps713fc3d9.jpg

I must say it shows real club spirit and commitment to take photos all day instead of driving,
then sort them all out and email them to us all for free.

Thanks again Sharky.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ye my dad noticed that too. 3 wheels is good right? Lol

Lol. Tbh it implies too much roll but on such a tight corner its nothing to worry about.

My mk1 used to 3 wheel by a couple inches at 80+mph round quarry which was more of an issue.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I must say it shows real club spirit and commitment to take photos all day instead of driving,
then sort them all out and email them to us all for free.

Thanks again Sharky.
You're welcome, Dave - and thanks for the encouraging words. :) I think your comments sum it up nicely; it's as much about the relaxed atmosphere and good club spirit that these days generate. Whilst I would have loved to be out on track I have no qualms whatsoever about having been photographer for the day. It's the feedback, from yourself and others, that make it worthwhile. :) It also makes me appreciate how good the better photographers are in terms of consistency / quality when shooting hundreds of photos!

53 Clio's & counting
Well you certainly had plenty of time to enjoy each lap. Lol.

Exactly lol ;)

Tbh with in date tyres and decent padsI'd say it is roughly about as quick as my last track 172 around Llandow, so certainly not quick, but a little quicker than your average 1*2 and good fun :)

Oh I found out why I had no brakes after 2 laps - previous owner had ran out of pads and needed some new ones for a road trip, so measured them (on 4 pots, not original calipers) and it turns out the car that has the same sized pads was the volvo 240 - so it has standard halfords volvo 240 pads in flol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ha ha. Still a great day though. And no doubt it will be long since gone for the next trackday anyway with your track record.

53 Clio's & counting
Flol!! You know me too well mate! (Though hoping to hold o to this for a while, have a wedding, plus home renovations to pay for next so will have to hold off on cars for the time being - read that as ill still have it for the next Llandow day lol)