ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome pedalling as usual Tony!..

Read your post of FB.. since when do they apply a 10second grid penalty on the start for a qualifying infringement??!.. don't they just normally remove the laptime you did when the 'offence' occurred.. seems very stupid to me

Least you had some fun working your way through the slower cars [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

182cup & 172 racecar
Before Silverstone, we had a little bash around Mallory Park, I'd forgotten to take the camera, so Dinger Dave brought his, trouble was it was a Hero 4, it didn't fit in my case, so with a bit of sponge wedged in behind, it sort of worked.
It's got a bit of a fish eye about it, and the battery didn't last that long, but it catches some of the fun.

PH2 172
Before Silverstone, we had a little bash around Mallory Park, I'd forgotten to take the camera, so Dinger Dave brought his, trouble was it was a Hero 4, it didn't fit in my case, so with a bit of sponge wedged in behind, it sort of worked.
It's got a bit of a fish eye about it, and the battery didn't last that long, but it catches some of the fun.

That was a very wide Galant?

182cup & 172 racecar
Rather annoying Steve, he did get in the way a little, I wasn't going to force my way past as I was leading French car, but wanted to have a go at Simon in the Astra.

It will probably be time to change the standard roller rockers as they have now had two seasons, ideally change to the Cat Cams version, at least renew them for another standard set, lap the valves, crack detect and measure the pistons with a view to replacing them, at least new rings main, big end bearings and timing belt.
Good luck.

Steve

Had belt, rings and bearings changed last year.
The result is in. 226bhp
Just a fiddle with the fueling in a few places, everything else was fine.
Happy days
Tony,
I know what it had last time/year, I built it.
You do have to do rebuilds on engines used for racing as they tend to explode if you do not do preventative maintenance, after all you are not using it for shopping trips to the supermarket.
The standard roller rockers are a known problem I suggest you bin the ones used in this engine as they have seen too much work during two seasons of racing.
Cheaper to do it now instead of when it puts a leg out of bed (put a rod through the block for those who do not know that expression)

Good luck if you do nothing

Steve