ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You looked to be flying there Tony. Oulton looks so narrow!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Interesting video - very suprised at you using second gear so much though.

Slower car doing 2.9 / 2.10 laps.

Last edited by a moderator:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I was, I sent Jay a txt but could only make it for the morning but SWMBO broke her arm and can't drive so I had to take the youngest to football.

Golf GTD Mk7
Interesting video - very suprised at you using second gear so much though.

Slower car doing 2.9 / 2.10 laps.

The gearing doesn't suit the slow chicanes really. I tend to use 3rd/4th all day at oulton. it's not slow enough for the chicanes to drop to 2nd, but then 3rd doesn't give you enough pull out of the corners. I always find it frustrating accelerating up that hill in 3rd

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Race Car
Weve got the engine out and stripped down now. Not a alot salvageable. Sounded like a box of smartties when we turned it over to take off the sump

thats-not-right.jpg

a-right-mess.jpg

big-end-cap.jpg

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hey fellas, what's the least amount of fuel you have run with without fuel starvation? I am considering using a swirl pot and running it as low as possible.
Cheers

182cup & 172 racecar
When we did testing at Mallory,we tried all different fuel levels for set up and times etc.

We actually ran on fumes for 2 laps and not a hint of starvation,so the swirl pot works a treat.
As long as the swirl pot has fuel in it,it will run.

172 Race Car
Hey fellas, what's the least amount of fuel you have run with without fuel starvation? I am considering using a swirl pot and running it as low as possible.
Cheers
we ran it almost dry at a trackday at silverstone. it coughed round copse but made it back to the pits. swirl pot holds 1litre

172 Race Car
This thread is now 2 years old! How time flys.

Overdue a title change seeing as its not a build thread any more, suggestions?