ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buy Cat D Cat C cars

Anyone buy these. What are peoples thoughts especially those that have taken the plunge. If already repaired:
My thoughts are this. Cat D, not too much damage can be repaired ok to buy if say its 25% cheaper then it should be.
Cat c its had an inspection, damage has been repaired to a legal level ok to buy if its 35% plus cheaper then it should be

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Cat D's are bargins to be had if if you plan to keep it for a while it makes sence. short-term no as re-sales values are low.

i myself wodnt get a cat c tho

Evo 6, E92 320d
My last clio was cat d, i paid 1/3 retail price and had it for 1 year, then resold it for what i paid so i got lucky.

Wouldn't get either tbh, yes they are cheaper, but thats for a reason.

In the back of your mind your always going to know that the car your driving isn't quite right.

Shed.
I would, as long as i could see pictures of the damage, and clear pictures, which showed all the damage to the chassis.

It would have then had to have been repaired professionally.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Wouldn't get either tbh, yes they are cheaper, but thats for a reason.

In the back of your mind your always going to know that the car your driving isn't quite right.

Mine only had damage to the light cluster and needed a new bumper for it to be cat d, so truly minor things that were easily replaced.