ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buy replica or make replica

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
i've just sold my 1st clio and im after a replica, the thing is i have found a replica for about £3,700 with 60k and its an 01. But i could pick up a lower mileage 02 for high £2k or low £3k in black and make the replica myself.

Thing is which is best? if you have a replica can u post how much its cost you, itemised if pos. obviously making one will work out as a better car mileage wise and will feel like my own.

Which will be cheaper? some people say it cost them under 1k to make a replica, some more.

dont say, dont make another replica/buy a 172 etc etc.

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
^^ ye but its at a garage so im guessing they wont budge more than 200 at a push?

mk4 golf gttdi180
look on piston heads theres loads on there when i last looked there was one that had cup packs complete with interior for s0met like 3200 or even lower i think he was of here

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
^^^^I agree

What is the point? For a similar cost you could get a real car. And surely if you declare all the modifications, the insurance won't be much cheaper for a "replica".

Plus, it must be embarrassing looking like you are driving a fast car only to struggle overtaking Micra's and Metros!

Steve

PS I can talk, owning a oil burning Skoda!

BMW E92/Audi S3
^^^^I agree

What is the point? For a similar cost you could get a real car. And surely if you declare all the modifications, the insurance won't be much cheaper for a "replica".

Plus, it must be embarrassing looking like you are driving a fast car only to struggle overtaking Micra's and Metros!

Steve

And what Micra can beat any clio?

^^^^I agree

Steve

And what Micra can beat any clio?

snabb_micra.jpg

clio 172,astra 1.6, rs125
i've just sold my 1st clio and im after a replica, the thing is i have found a replica for about £3,700 with 60k and its an 01. But i could pick up a lower mileage 02 for high £2k or low £3k in black and make the replica myself.

Thing is which is best? if you have a replica can u post how much its cost you, itemised if pos. obviously making one will work out as a better car mileage wise and will feel like my own.

Which will be cheaper? some people say it cost them under 1k to make a replica, some more.

dont say, dont make another replica/buy a 172 etc etc.
I think it also depends if you enjoy doing these kinds of things, some people do it cos the enjoy adding the personal touch/taking time and effort building it spot on etc (Like a hobby) just buying someone elses copy would take that away from you, but I guess it would be the much cheaper option. I dont think a full 172/182 rep would come in much less than 1k.
So to add it up, I would say if you cant be arsed being personnal, buy someone elses..
if you enjoy that kind of work, build your own, make a website documenting progress etc.

goodluck.

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
^^ havent got it anymore, i dont want a 172 unless its the ph2 so i cant afford one atm, well i could but not practically. My 1.2 16v wasnt that bad at overtaking normal traffic anyway really, u can cope with the limited power.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Would you not fancy buying a normal clio and making it look different, then it would be your own car. Get a nice set of non- halfords wheels and lower it

182/ 172 Cup
id say make it your self mate, much more fun and you no what your buying aswell, dont buy someones bodge! its all well and good saying buy a 172 but the insurance is killer, i havent got any no claims and got a quote for £3.600full comp and i cant afford that! i payed for my mk ph2 parts:

£200 172 wheels and tyres
£50 172 rear bumper
£100 lowering
£20 172 spoiler
£400 172 interior
£40 172 grill
£50 172 door mouldings
£60 172 skirts

havent got bumper and wing yet so thats going to be £200+ so your looking at over a £1000

i colour coded it all myself as i work in a bodyshop, i think if i had payd for that to be done id be looking at another few hundred.
its not cheap and some say a waste of money, and i kind of agree as mine is so slow but at least i can insure it and like the looks of it.

RB 200 Cup!
^ as above make it yourself rather than buy one- that way itll be much more fun seeing your car progress.

thats just my opinion tho