ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying 182 ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE :) TOTAL CLIO NEWBIE!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i currently own a astra coupe se2 and am thinking of buying a 182 :) seen a couple on autotrader and wondered if anyone could take a look at the price etc see if they look genuine deals :D
also is there anything i should be looking out for when looking at a 182 ? iv never owned a clio before btw so am totally new to them just always wanted 1 :)
, what sort of milage would be ok to go for ?

any help appreciated :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...postcode/ts123hp/radius/1501/page/4?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...radius/1501/page/3/postcode/ts123hp?logcode=p

THANKS!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
"CAR JUST ARRIVED" there so desperate to sell it didint even have the common sense to fit 4 alloys of the same colour before takin a picture

AT LEAST -500 quid on both, its a buyers mkt especially now <15days b4 xmas, bargins to be had if ur a cash buyer or wait till it snows

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
First one- front end bumper respray, no mention of cambelt service etc-

Second one- Billy basic but cheap....- Check the belts- Timing belt done it says- Should be both belt kits -
S

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Plenty for sale on here. Sign up ! Best £12 you'll ever spend. Brian even sends you Haribo.

What's your budget ? What colour do you want ? Anything you want (cruise/climate for instance) ?

Expect to travel for a good one. Don't just look within 100metres of your doorstep and wonder why they're all dogs.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST200
Just make sure its HPI clear, belts have been done at the correct time and the service history is complete. The rest is up to you.

JCC

Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wouldn't touch the first one, been pranged then painted by idiots. Just colour coding the whole bumper instead of masking anything up is the classic sign of a pikey bodyshop.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
also note how his cleverly worded the advert to cover his ass should a 1/2 blind person buyit then realise its been in a smash when they wake up next morning :eek:

"Hpi clear with no outstanding finance or insurance recorded accidents."

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Inferno 182 Cup
i thought you lot were just being picky, so i checked out the first one...same as mine....except my front bumper doesnt look w**k and my bonnet fits properly :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol iv just joined people although i dont own a clio im sooo tempted to buy 1 :D
pref colour is either black, blue or silver :D only problem is i need to sell my astra coupe thats why im looking at trade centres :/ like the 172s aswell just the insurance is quite a bit more for some reason unless you get the 172 cup :) thanks people any more usefull advice as to where i can find a decent one ? on a budget from 2k to 3k max :) cheers people

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Audi A5
Depends where you live if like me your a southerner then you got to be prepared to travel up tut north to get a better priced car imo.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
lol iv just joined people although i dont own a clio im sooo tempted to buy 1 :D
pref colour is either black, blue or silver :D only problem is i need to sell my astra coupe thats why im looking at trade centres :/ like the 172s aswell just the insurance is quite a bit more for some reason unless you get the 172 cup :) thanks people any more usefull advice as to where i can find a decent one ? on a budget from 2k to 3k max :) cheers people

This helpful person suggested where to look:

Plenty for sale on here.

As mentioned, try the 'cars for sale' section !

2-3k for a 182, you're looking at the bottom end of the market. Does that include insurance ? 172 cup has cheaper insurance ?! Says who... no ABS, a few insurers won't touch them. Don't know why it would be cheaper.

Have you considered a ph1 ? More likely to get a good one on your budget.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys and the 172 cup is cheap on insurance dont have a clue why the 182 is pretty cheap too just the 172 seems to be 300 more, im with admirall atm! only thing that puts me off the 172 cup is no xenons etc.. but otherwise theyre smart :) will have a look at the for sale section on here tho, altho i need to px my coupe :/
and triki thanks but thats a little high milage for me bud altho it looks a very nice car mate

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i know mate but 2 - 3k isnt that cheap lol, tbh id have a 172 but for some reason the insurance hammer you on them

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182
Its plain and simples as to why the 172's are more expensive to insure.. Car is circa 500-1000 less than a 182 second hand, meaning younger people can afford to buy the car..

Thus creating more incidents with that model of vehicle so insurance companies then price it out the market, same as the did with the old fiesta's with big engines..

And i dont think 2.5-3/3.5k is looking at billy basic 182's i would more than say that its more to do with a lot of unrealistic sellers..

And if insurance is a question he's hadly going to want to pay 4k for a car somebody has already put 2k into themselves which would mean him been unable to then insure it..

good cars can be got cheap enough its just a time game..

Back to the OP's question other than the blatantly obvious checks is the anything standout'ish that should be looked for when potentially buying a 182, as im of to look at an RB at the weekend..