ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 172 with only 1 key.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
If the owner sells it and the "driver" reports it then I'm sorry but the police will leave it with you... its not stolen.

E46 M3, Clio 182
to start with... FLOL!

But, if the logbook is in your name, then the police wouldn't want to know. For £200, it's got to be worth it, just for the lol's if anything..?

If your not interested, let me know the lads number and I'll take it off his hands for £200!!

Black Gold 182FF
But, if the logbook is in your name, then the police wouldn't want to know.
Off topic a bit, but is that true? Since the V5 doesn't prove ownership (even to the point it says on it that it doesn't prove ownership) then I would have liked to think the police would have got a bit more involved to at least try and trace the "correct" chain of ownership. If it could then be verified that it was the previous owner (and not just the previous registered keeper) you bought it from then fair enough, but I always thought that just because your name is down as the registered keeper doesn't necessarily make you the new owner and it doesn't mean that the previous owner sold it to you so could still be technically stolen...