ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying a 172

Picking my 172 up on Saturday w Reg 43k it comes with a 2 year rac warrenty, which covers engine, transmission, and various other things upto the value of £7000 which is good, aswell as 2 years free rac cover

Anyway the main point of posting this is ive heard if the power steering pump goes, and some various other parts they can also take the timming belt with them which in turn will take the engine,

anyone know anything about the above ?

also without sounding too thick but i dont kno so i need to ask what is the aux belt and how often does this need chaning ?

Never heard of the belt going before if your worried change it earlier.

Anyway an 172 engine can be bough for £500 often so not a huge worry.

The AUX belt take power from the crank and powers the aircon alternator power stearing and coolent.

Theres a cover over the engine timing belt though to I would question if the aux belt could damage it.

The aux belts the same as the timing belt realy just as much chance of one going as the other IMO so I wouldnt be to worried if you are change them earlier.