ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 182

RS200
Hi guys just signed up i wanted to get some advice about buying a clio 182. im in two minds about a clio or a fiesta st or ibiza cupra. i,d love a 197 but a bit out of my price range. i prefer the looks of the fiesta and im not quite sure i like the interior of the clio or the build quailty. what do u guys who own one think? better than a fiesta and cupra??

let me know! thanks!

Welcome!

182 all the way - but then I am biased. As long as it has both cup packs you will have a very capable car, that is drivable every day of the week. When the mood takes you it can put the biggest smile on your face :evil: + a lot quicker than the other two in standard form

RS200
what kind of mods can you do to the clio? i think my biggest problem is the quality of the interior, ive only sat in one briefly so not enuf to judge too much. u dont find u get an anoying rattle every 5 mins?

did at first, spent some time with strips of rubber mating under the various parts that rattled, now completely rattle free :D

Not the easiest car to get massive power gains out of, people tend to go for weight reduction and handling, as they already have reasonable power. Capable of embarrassing much more expensive machinery tbh. However browse the site you'll get a good idea for options and common routes for 'modding'
http://www.k-tecracing.com/

Last edited:
  Laguna 2, Westfield
I'd take the 182, My girlfriend has a Fiesta ST and i've got a 182, so i get to drive both - 182 for me, the ST is good, but just not as good as the clio. Early ST's are poorly equipt as standard(get a facelift) with the darker front lights. But even then you dont get half the stuff you do on a 182(xenons, cruise, climate, etc etc ) Clio is alot faster (unless you find a st185 montune spec one) and i find the handling and brakes better on the clio also.

Ignore the Ibiza, especially if you are looking at the Y reg ish shape as we had one of those a few years ago, what a load of rubbish - a good strong engine (20vt 150bhp) people will say i'm sure but it was soo dull to drive and the handling as standard is pretty bad. Poor interior quality and badly made... no we didnt have a bad one, it only had 35k and was about 4 years old lol
Both our 182 and Fiesta st runs rings around the cupra both on handling/fun/build.
The only thing i liked about the Cupra was the low down power where as both clio and fiesta you have to really rev them to get them going like you do with most modern 16v motors.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
what price range have you got ?....you would be surprised how far your money could go right now.

Fiesta ST---good handling but far slower than clio 182

Seat Cupra 1.8t 180bhp the tuning for this is alot easier remap alone approx220bhp and set of collies gives good handling.

Clio 182----its french your gonna get a couple of rattles but very under estimated wee car harder to tune make sure u get it with both cup packs
and maybe set of these

27102008018.jpg

what about Skoda Fabia VRS a guy i know has one approx 180-190bhp very fast car easily get 200bhp with out spending $$$.....cheaper insurance...more MPG...cheap tax (only a thought) can be made to look nice
fabiars4s001.gif

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Unless you're brain dead, don't get the SEAT. Fabia vRS is a better car, quick once remapped but a bit dull in a VAG way. Plus it has 5 doors and stupid-coloured seats.

Never owned a Fiesta so cant comment.

182s are cheap, built cheap (better than SEAT though) but the most fun you can have out of many of the hot hatches available. IMO.

200 Gordini
Sorry for what? :S

Because of what they were.

Recaros in the 182 and youve got yourself a supercar.

You will get biased comments but the 182 is better looking/faster than the ST and Seat.
The ST interior is better than the clios but Recaros or another seat i.e Misianos will improve the feel of the 182s

RS 172+
Quote:
Originally Posted by swirly182
Sorry for what? :S

Because of what they were.

Exactly. I am sure they are very good cars now (VW?) but the stigma remains. Now if Skoda were re-branded I might think differently?

RS200
ive got a budget of around 6-7 grand thats relying on we geting about 6 5-6 grand for my current 56 plate fiesta zetec s. the seat looks fantastic it looks mean and purposful but ive heard bad things about it.
skodas are ok i have considerd the it but there not very appealing. the branding has nuthing to do with it. im not a badge snob at all i just dont think any skodas make gd hot hatches.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Fiesta ST is a great car, the build quality is superb.

Id say it is better on that front compared to the 1*2's (imo)

Id also say that it wont cost you as much to see 200bhp from the Fiesta as it would with a Renault Sport, the Fiesta unit is very restricted and with a few breathing mods it should be up near the 200bhp mark.

Dont get me wrong, i love driving the ST but the 172 is thatlitle bit quicker (in standard form)

Lol at the Skoda comments. I would love an old estelle 130 :)

Anyway I've seen that fabia before. Is he a member of Briskoda?

I've own my fabia vrs for over 5 years now. Coulpe of simple mods 312mm brakes from octavia vrs (yes another Skoda) and a jabba sport rear anti roll bar makes it a fine warm and capable hatch. Taken mine on a good few trackdays latest 3 being with scoobynet.

Now the wife has had here 182 ff with cup packs for 4 months now. Now that's a hot hatch. Excellent suspension setup which we both find a helll of a lot better than my fabia plus 90% of the time more comfortable. Fabia really needs a good coilover set. Been in one which had a kw v1 kit and that's was so much better.

RS200
most skodas are just vw,s just with different head and tail lights, engine chassis and interior is very similar same with audi and seat there all part of the same group.

Golf GTD Mk7
If your going to go the 182 route, pay a tenner and become a full CS.net member and view the buying guides so you get a good one. Recaro's are a must if you can find one with them. Very good for day to day comfort (I commute in mine) and hold well on the track. Look good too. Speed wise the 182 would leave the festa. Modding isn't cheap though, to get more power out of the engine isn't easy.

RS200
well i think the clio has enough power any way ive just seen a few ppl with different exhaust systems on their 182s. are the alloys on the 182 trophy hard to come by? because i think they look better than the standard black cup ones. if i do buy a 182 i think i,d want to put the trophy wheels on.

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Well for that price range you can get a Trophy

2005 RENAULT CLIO 2.0 16V Renaultsport 182 Trophy 3dr Hatchback

Price:
£6,995

ovno

Features:

• 44,200 miles
  • Manual
  • Red
  • Petrol
  • Hatchback
  • 1998 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

55 plate 182 trophy number 298/500. 44200miles. Taxed until the end of April and MOT until Nov. HPI clear. FSH. Last serviced at 36,000 along with cambelt change. Decent amount of tread on all tyres. Front Brembo discs with DS2500 pads and braided hoses. Miltek exhaust and a k-tech remap. 34mpg average from day to day.Full Renault health check 3000miles ago coming back totally clear. Non smokers car. This is a great example of what Evo magazine describe as a future classic and apparently nothing comes close for the money, check this months edition. £6,995 ovno.
media

media

media

RS200
thanks c.dolan thats a sweet motor i did consider buying this but the trophy is group 17 insurance im only 21 so it might be a bit pricey. what is the main difference between the trophy and the cup and standard 182?

378bhp Leon Cupra R
the Trophy has sachs suspension £1000 a corner and comes with the recaros etc

the cup is light weight option eg manual air con poverty seats etc.

if you think the trophy is out of reach for you try getting the 182 with cup packs eg. cup suspension,wheels,spoiler & splitter and if your lucky with recaros too this is what i have in Artic blue.

Heres a nice example in inferno with all options.

2005 RENAULT CLIO 2.0 16V Renaultsport 182 3dr

Price:
£6,990

ovno

Features:

• 24,700 miles
  • Manual
  • Orange
  • Petrol
  • Hatchback
  • 1998 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

24,700 miles, 05 plate Renault Clio 182 in inferno orange, car comes in excellent condition with no after market modifications. Vehicle has cup suspension and spoiler packs and also comes with Recaro racing seats, one of only 8 built to this specification. Comes with Full Renault flagship dealer service history, tax Feb10 and MOT due Jul09. Standard spec includes xenon headlamps, climate control, ESP, ABS, power/heated wing mirrors, 16inch anthracite alloys and thatcham cat 1 immobiliser. Recent Mitchellin pilot exaltos fitted to front and all brake pads recently changed. Car also comes with spare alloy wheel and tyre. Please note - though pictured differently car will be sold with Renault standard Cabasse stereo. strictly no calls from sales people or 3rd party sales agencies. thank you. £6,990 ovno.

media

media

media

media

media