ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 2004 Clio 182 37k millage

182 cup RB
Hello

Looking to buy a clio this friday hopefully and just wondering if there are any things i need to look out for when i go to test this car. Its a 2004 182 cup and its done 37k miles in met blue

Cheers

PH1 V6
Check to see if the belts have been done
Look over its service history to make sure it has been serviced on time
Check for any panel damage/respray
make sure its sits straight when driving (ie not veering to one side)
have a good nosy under the bonnet to check for any leaks or tapping noises
check the exhaust for any rust or blowing

Job Done :) good luck!

If it's a Cup, it's not metallic. Racing Blue, like baby blue really, is a flat colour.

If it's Arctic Blue, which is more of a royal blue, then it's not a Cup.

Lol. Some of those are different colours.

This is Arctic Blue..

2361611556_0d66bfe7f8.jpg

This is Racing Blue..

11681_505240_0_0.jpg

You see those nipple things under the lights? They are headlight washers. On the Racing Blue they are just blanks because it's a Cup. The top one isn't a Cup, so has the washers (and xenon lights)

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
And to aid the confusion, you can also get that racing blue on a full fat cup, that has cup packs, so it will have the washer nipples..

As above, the main sticking point on the age of the car is that the belts MUST have been done. I looked at loads where the asking price was the same for a car with belts done. You're looking at £500ish discount if they need doing.

182 cup RB
Just asked all belts have been done. hope that car is all good realy looking forward to getting one :)

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
You want to share the link to where it's advertised? See if there's any other pointers we can give you..

Rusty Cup
I'd say £4,495 is close to being a bit steep but if you have your heart set on it then im sure this wont stop you :) it would have to be mint for that money in my eyes.

Just asked all belts have been done. hope that car is all good realy looking forward to getting one :)

evidence!! reciepts. i was told my 182 had its belts done and was stamped by renault in the book when i checked they hadn't done the aux kit or timing kit they just changed the aux belt. 2 months of arguing with ruk they had the car back and done them. now got reciepts all the old parts (marked them in distinctive places so i would know if they actually changed them) and full apoligie. don't be fobbed off!!!!! take someone with you who knows these cars.

182 cup RB
- Factory cup chassis pack - which includes stiffer springs, lower ride height, and anthracite alloy wheels
This car would go on coil-over pretty much as soon as i get it, not low enough standard

Kind of liking the orange more

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
The orange is an actual cup, so cloth seats etc. Both you need to have actual evidence, receipts of cambelt changes. The blue one, as Steve says, it's not got cup wheels, so they've either been swapped, or it doesn't have cup suspension. You look like ur going for the lower mile ones though? Don't be afraid of a few more than 40k if it's got very good history with it.

182 cup RB
Im now more going towards the orange cup Not that fussed about the seats but if im going to lower it on coil is it worth getting a Cup version?

182 cup RB
evidence!! reciepts. i was told my 182 had its belts done and was stamped by renault in the book when i checked they hadn't done the aux kit or timing kit they just changed the aux belt. 2 months of arguing with ruk they had the car back and done them. now got reciepts all the old parts (marked them in distinctive places so i would know if they actually changed them) and full apoligie. don't be fobbed off!!!!! take someone with you who knows these cars.

Don't worry all paper work will be checked before anything in final

182 cup RB
If your looking at getting coilovers mate, your best going for one without cup suspension as there are more coilovers out there....

Thats what i thought no point buying on with it when im going to change it!

Well got a few to look at so will hopefully will have a winner by saturday.

Exactly, if the car has silver wheels, generally it won't have the cup suspension and might sit a tad higher, but if your going for coilovers, the non cup suspension is alot better for finding coilovers....