ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a Cup

172 Cup
Firstly i'd just like to say Hi to everyone here :D

Ok so i'm going looking at a 03reg cup on sunday, it has done 37,000 miles
1 lady owner, and has full renault service history.
I spoke to the husband who obviously drives it aswell, and he said it has just had it's major service in august, and always took it to renault dealer.
Completely standard car with no mods, they are asking £6,495 i am hoping to get him down to 6,000

Do you think this is a good price?

Thanks for your input and advice :)

Hi welcome to CS :D

Not a bad price. IMO depending on condition you could probably go lower.

I got mine in June for £6150; one lady owner, 33000 miles (had its 36k service), full Renault service history, 52 plate, standard car. They were asking £6750. It was'nt in A1 condition (few dings, curbed alloys etc)

Be warned: the exhaust back box is probably going to fail soon if it has'nt already been replaced. Most don't last past 40k or so. Mine fell off just over 36k!

350Z and 172 Cup
I would do a search on autotrader to see what else is available for the same/similar money - then you can use that to haggle to price down if its a bit high by comparing to others advertised.

cock mobile.
6k would be a good price if it's been looked after etc, and doesn't need anything replaced soon ie tyres, pads, etc are all ok for a few months.

Ok so i'm going looking at a 03reg cup on sunday, it has done 37,000 miles
1 lady owner, and has full renault service history.
I spoke to the husband who obviously drives it aswell, and he said it has just had it's major service in august, and always took it to renault dealer.
Completely standard car with no mods, they are asking £6,495 i am hoping to get him down to 6,000

Seems a bit steap.
Husband will have driven it all the time few women would ever buy a 172 Cup they'd have gone full fat.

172 Cup
Saw the car today, all i can say is 1 lady owner isn't always better :S

Mechanically it was sound, had full renault history, but the bodywork was shocking and the wheels were ready for a complete refurb, he said you've got to remember this is a 3 year old car :clown:
the five year old car i turned up in put it to shame..

So i'm on the look out for a car again, posted details in Wanted section

Leon Cupra 300
I would imagine if the wheels haven't already been replaced on a 3 year old car they will be very tatty! like mine they are shot... but the body work is spot on! so keep looking..

i looked at one of the latest cups on an 04 plate before i got mine and it was a rite mess, never seen so many scratches on the paint and it'd had a new 3/4 panel..