ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a used Macbook

Nissan Jewk
I want a used macbook, but have no idea where to start. I say used as I wanna try pick a 2nd one up on ebay for a couple of hundred quid (thats my budget). I'm guessing theres no chance of getting a macbook pro - anything I need to be avoiding in particular? Minimum specs?

I'm not gonna be using it for hardcore usage, no gaming, mainly using it for internet usage, the odd document and photoshop stuff. Though really hate slow laptops, so am guessing minimum 2Gb ram?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If you're using it for editing/manipulation/general Photoshop malarky, then 2GB of RAM is a minimum. I run 4GB on my Pro and it's fine, so upgrade if you have issues.

For that price, you'll be looking at 2006 MacBooks. Black or White. The model before the Unibody models.

Can you stretch to an Approved Used MacBook from Apple? £500+

You'll never get a MacBook Pro for that dollar. If you did, it'd be tatty and abused.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Back in 2006?

~£1100

Makes my 15" Pro seem a bargain. Four years later with a 2.8, 500GB, 4GB RAM, two graphics cards etc etc for £1500 with student discount.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Around £400.

Or go for something like this, for a little more.

I'd stay away from pre-'06 iBooks. They changed to calling it a MacBook in 2006 and changed the specs vastly.