ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying Car And Insurance Help Please

Hi guys, its a bit of a way off yet, but like to know how much i need to save.

Right, im after a mk1 clio. Needs to be 1.4, because my dad will use it sometimes, and hes happy to pay for some of the car.

what i need a bit of help with is....

which 1.4 clio can i get (as standard) for the lowest price (as an average asking price) and which 1.4 clio is cheapest to insure?

thanks a lot guys

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

you want a clio 1.4 RT matey. Nice littel motors, quite nippy for a 1.4 and the RT model has electric windows, power steering, colour coded bumpers, central locking etc. With a few subtle mods will look the nads as well! Ans cheap insurance. Cant go wrong really if thats the sort of motor your looking for.

I owned one for 3 years with virtually no problems at all! (apart from snapped cambelt but that was my own fault!)

how much should i be able to pick one up for?

what sort of age/reg should i be looking at?

didnt really want to go much over £1000

yes totally agree any of the RTs or the special addition varients....champs ellissee i think was one of them i think they had alloys over the standard spec rt.......

Pricewise my mate picked up a lovely clean rt for 2500 i think......only had 36000 miles on clock and actually quite tidy was n reg......... but 1000 i fear might not get you anything, had a quick look on auto trader and 1100 gets you a H to k reg reg........move up to 1500 quid and a few others pop up.....

very sensble nippy car that handles great, cheap insurance too........go for it!!

Chuckie