ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying MacBook

Do you get the same product and warranty, regardless of where you purchase?

It's just there's differences in prices

Apple - £849

PC World/Comet - £849

But Amazon - £802.97

I will be needing it to have a worldwide warranty as I will be out of the country for good August/Sept time.

Doesn't matter where it's bought from?

Mk2 Golf GTI
Find a student and get up to 15% off...

I think the 999 services get a decent discount too

I don't mix with Students. Me paying tax for them to get pissed all day, doesn't really agree with me.

I'm happy to pay retail, high loller me.

Um...

If I copy all my files and iTunes files to my external harddrive, will they work on the MacBook? I'll need to somehow set my iTunes up again.

Megane
Um...

If I copy all my files and iTunes files to my external harddrive, will they work on the MacBook? I'll need to somehow set my iTunes up again.

Nah its a bit more complicated than that, different file roots

You can use an ipod classic to manually move them across
or Home library. Not sure if the latter maintains play count.

Nah its a bit more complicated than that, different file roots

You can use an ipod classic to manually move them across
or Home library. Not sure if the latter maintains play count.

I'm not going to buy an ipod classic.

If I can't transfer my music and apps across to a mac, I shall get another windows laptop.

Of course you can transfer mp3's !!!!

I've not needed windows in 2 years. What programs do you need ?

Well I will want my mp3's in the iTunes on the new mac, and my apps for my iPhone.

I don't just have a big folder full of mp3's though, it's all in the iTunes folder, and I'm not adding them one at a time.

Winblows is so 1997.

Where are you from ?! Probably no where near me... (Dartford)

Nah miles away in Dorset. As long as it's relatively straight forward to copy my iTunes across so it's set up how it was on the laptop (don't care about playlists and play counts) and easy to copy apps for iPhone then I should be ok.

I know all my pics will be fine going across. All I use my laptop for is iTunes, Internet and storing my pictures. That's it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's all SOOOOOO easy. Infact i think it asks you when you first switch it on if you have files to copy over.

iPhoto is awesome .. simple editing and organising made easy.

iTunes will just be exactly the same as windows .. just make sure you check the settings so that it copies and organises music to your music folder (it probably will do out the box anyway)

Which MB are you after ?

Good luck with it !!

It's all SOOOOOO easy. Infact i think it asks you when you first switch it on if you have files to copy over.

iPhoto is awesome .. simple editing and organising made easy.

iTunes will just be exactly the same as windows .. just make sure you check the settings so that it copies and organises music to your music folder (it probably will do out the box anyway)

Which MB are you after ?

Good luck with it !!

I decided on the normal White MacBook as I won't even use quarter of it's capabilities although I may well walk out with a 13" pro as they do look sexy.

I'll be on here tomorrow evening asking how I've managed to bugger it up by putting stuff on it. Only used a mac for a few things, never anything technical like copying files and setting stuff up.

Wow. This is posted from my MacBook. Managed to get it for £800. Apple wouldn't budge on price, but PC World price matched Amazon, so sorted.

Sooooo much to learn, but it's only been switched on for about 10 minutes, and I've managed to install and connect my mobile broadband dongle. Loving the trackpad and 2/3 finger swipes.

How do you get things full screen? Green doesn't seem to do anything like on a Windows machine.

Off to explore it now.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Green will maximise to the most efficient size needed. failing that, if you want to pointlessly use all your screen real-estate, bottom right corner - click and drag.

Shift+yellow .. watch what happens ;-)

Have you set up for a 2-finger-tap right click ?

Lolz at shift+yellow.

I'm not sure what i've set it up for yet. It all works fine, and I've figured out when to use 1,2 or 3 fingers.

When I plugged my external hard drive in, to copy photos across, it asked if I wanted to use it as time machine, but wasn't sure whether it'd wipe what's already on there.

There's a 950mb osx update apparently it tells me, but that will have to wait until I get to work on Monday, as I only get 3gb a month on my connection.

iTunes library copying across after I've had my dinner. That's all that's left to do.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, dont use that as your time machine ! You have to get to 88mph first...

www.opensourcemac.org is useful ... Adium for MSN/other messengers all in one .. open office if you dont have MS office.

Hope you enjoy it ! Any questions .. just PM me or drop me an email through the profile page on here. Will prob respond faster !

Rob

lol.

managed to get my music into iTunes. for some reason it doubled?? so I've been going through deleting 2000 odd songs that are in there twice.

iPhone works with it, but can't seem to get my contacts off my phone onto the address book??

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The duplicate itunes thing can be sorted by going to itunes>preferences>advanced>copy files to itunes media....

Untick this and it wont do it :)

The duplicate itunes thing can be sorted by going to itunes>preferences>advanced>copy files to itunes media....

Untick this and it wont do it :)

lolz too late now will untick it before I add anything else. still got about 1000 tracks to delete lol.

spirez, there's no point in the pro. it's £150 more for a crappier looking laptop. White is better than aluminium. ;)

jenic said:
And the white suffers from cracking cases.......... :eek:

And? So does my iPhone, and it gets replaced. lol.

I nearly went for the pro, but I honestly prefer the look of the low. It'll get used once a week too so meh.