ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying Renault CLIP

172 Ph1
Have a fault with my car. Looking at buying a CLIP system from eBay for diagnosis.

There appears to be several choices of versions, uk and non uk based sellers, ones which need crack codes etc - bit of a mine field really!!

Any advice / experience on what I should go for?

FF Clio 182
CLIP in untrained hands is a recipe for disaster to be honest. Usually the cheap copies off eBay can do a lot of damage.

Not something I would want to mess about with to be honest. Probably just better of buying a cheap code reader

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I do and it's good for most things. Not sure on the differences between the good and bad ones but my uk bought one is apparently a goodun. I have had problems with reprog but it's highly unlikely you'd need that.

Time spent researching what you want to do is time well spent though!!

Plus don't you have to pay for updates and new codes /definitions which are not available to any tom or dick.